• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 2019: "Anchor Point Reference" is hidden by default when transforming an object

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear that before the 2019 update photoshop would let me move the anchor point when resizing something, but now that "box" is grayed out. Also there isn't an anchor point showing up when I go to resize something. Specifically, I'm talking about that small "dot" that would show up in the middle of the object you were transforming that you could move to the top corner or anywhere in general.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
57 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit Cmd/Ctrl-T. Now look up at the far left of the Options bar, next to the "box." You should see a tiny little checkbox that may be nearly invisible in your interface (it is in mine). Click that to enable it and now you'll get all you're asking for. It used to be on by default. Now it appears it's OFF by default. Dunno why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the new way either. . .

When in Transform, the reference point is hidden by default to prevent accidental repositioning. Quickly show/hide the reference point using the Options bar or use Edit > Preferences > Tools > Show reference point when using Transform.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2018/10/adobe-announces-updates-to-photoshop-cc-2019-v20.html
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep forgetting I read this. Probably because it doesn't make any sense to me except as a way of saying that yet again, experienced users must learn new things because it's harder for new or occasional users to figure out what's gone wrong. 

Which is probably true, but  when it starts to feel that all the burden of learning something new is on us older users, it feels good to whine about it. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"accidental repositioning"? It's a small little point. I rarely moved it by accident. Thanks for showing how to change the setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea it doesn't make sense that you should have to do that. Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I always use the reference point. It's an important part of my designing. I can't understand why the reference point is hidden by default. If anything, I wish Adobe would change it the other way around.

We long time users of PS don't seem to count to Adobe. They've trained and conditioned us for years and now it seems like that Adobe doesn't care about that anymore. Is it the new generation only looking after the new users, especially the ones that are mostly working in mobile apps. I notice that Photoshop will be bringing the full version to iPad in the near future. Is this what all the new changes are about and for?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've said it before, it's not cool to be old school. 
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cristen  Think you're right. 

I don't mind learning new things in PS. .  in fact I love it when there is a new feature, it's exciting - for example the new content aware fill in cc 2019.

But. . . there's a but and a little whine that goes with it. . . . why does Adobe break things when they are working fine?

I still think that they are gearing for the newbies and mobile users and adjusting flicks and ticks which makes it easier for them. 

Just saying as I see it.
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another nonsense. Unification. Probably soon there won't be 1 race, we all are going to be green 😉

While if you are left handed there will not be space for you in this world. Someone knows better? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's go forward to let Adobe disallow us of Shortcuts customization and use those set by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a global option for that. You can find it in the Tools Tab in Preferences. Look at the left column at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.  This time I get you're being sarcastic—does sometimes feel this is the way forward, though, doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complaints don't work anymore. Nothing else left like trying to say the same by other words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that professional users used to be Adobe's bread and butter, and now we're a tiny fraction of their revenue stream. Same reason Apple doesn't make professional workstations anymore. From a business perspective, only new users matter because old users won't switch anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding the box to turn it back on wasn't a problem so much as that now the options are "off" and "huge".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's new trend what happens. Maybe someone predicted that new young users who fastly get used to non workstations are perspectively more profitable - while their lives surely are going to last longer than our older ones. If Adobe won't think this way they will die with us in near future. We see it present day - they do not say it aloud but all their actions prove they are not going to follow our opinions. Probably that is not worth for them to pump money into stuff that will be shortly limited only for veterans.

btw 'will be 1 race only'*

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop CC 2019. But unable to find "Pivot point" when I apply transform control.
RackMultipart20181031710461j2y-475b8a4c-0826-43a5-b695-8144b16bbfaf-1956229741.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a checkbox in the Tools tab of Preferences,
RackMultipart20181112960978mlq-3196a7c7-ff76-4e9a-8d17-479456fd43ce-473249536.jpg
but the easiest way is to check the box in the toolbar
RackMultipart20181112122978a20-acf4a206-7fa6-48d5-8538-bf1e739d3903-17067594.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great... Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a similar tangent, how do you make the reference point the corner by just clicking, not using the little anchor point box on the upper menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Cristen

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you Cristen.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Christen so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much Rosa! I thought I was having a "senior moment" today! It's not me, it's Adobe! Grrrr 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neena  🙂 Thank you!
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate