• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 2023 (24.1.0) freezes when trying to open EXR

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open an EXR file in Photoshop (24.1.0) after 'Open EXR Read Options' modal (regardless of what option was selected) Photoshop freezes. Can't overcome, reboot doesn't help.

MacBook Pro 2019

macOS Monterey 12.6

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Artem_ sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If restoring prefs doesn't work, please share a file you're having trouble with. 

I just tried opening an .exr file here and it opened fine here. Might be something specific about the file or the system set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for assistance!

As I figured out, the issue is in a specific EXR, as some other ones open correctly both with my Photoshop settings and restored ones as Cory suggested.

I'm rendering out a sequence of EXR files, and then trying to open it in Photosop. Here is an EXR file from my sequence: https://www.dropbox.com/s/23tmiogfjh3a0g0/blob1_0131.exr?dl=0

The Photoshop still does freezes for me when trying to open it, while some other EXR files do open correctly.

I think you should look into it, as this EXR sequence was rendered out from After Effects using Media Encoder, so whatever the settings I used there (like compression type), it's kind of expected that other Adobe products that support opening EXR should open it regardless of the settings.

Let me know if any more information may help to figure out the issue.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Artem_ for the update. Will pass on this file for the team to look into.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate