• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.0: Where is Line Weight/Width and Pixels options?

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble using the Line Tool in PS 22.0.0. 

How do I set the width/weight of the line? In PS 21 there was a "Weight" option along the top bar, but I don't see that anymore. Am I missing it? Or did it move? 

This might be a separate issue, but the lines I'm drawing are not showing up. I have a fill color and stroke color selected, but when I make a line, I don't see it. I just see a blue outline of where it is... the same that might happen if I made a "path" instead of a "shape." 

I just need to make a line with a width/weight of 20px.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

The 22.3 update posted on March 10 contains the pixel mode for the line tool; I will personally go to the mat defending this tool and it's functionality if anybody at Adobe attempts to change this feature again. I'm a believer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Greetings,

Good news, the Pixels mode is now back. For more details on adjusting line weight see Create lines and arrows using the Line tool

To update Photoshop to 22.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know your feedback!

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 676 Replies 676
676 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you guys really need to incorporate your community input before removing features like this. I depend on this pen tool width and varity of color chocies. what graphics program in this day and age limits user colors to 10? Did you allow some non-artist to make that decision? You've restricted it so much that it's useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate