• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.3 is slow and heavy

Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Photoshop version is very slow.

(It was fast and accurate until version PS 21.0.3, and the problem began after that)

1. Hand tool(=press space bar) and move area is slow (ofcousre disable panning)

2. liquify zoom(There is a delay once when zooming in more than 50%. Unconditionally, Version 21.0.3 is smooth no lag)

3. layer toggle visable slow (Ctrl + ,) its React one beat slower. (This part until version PS2015.5. 2015.5 is really fast and smooth everything. Check this.....)

I don't know why if I have to pay my monthly subscription and work harder.

Some say. Don't update it unconditionally, report people's reactions.

Yes. i do, and i did.
Always leave the previous version and update to the latest version. But I always use the previous version. It is now 2022. Until when should my working environment stay in 2015.5 Photoshop or 2020 Photoshop?

I've done dozens of reinstallations, and I've done dozens of computer formats. Regardless of the type of computer, this was a problem with the Photoshop version. It wasn't even a plug-in problem.(disable native canavs thing is already try... 😃 )

It's not abut my pc. 
I tested it on everyone's computer I know and I got the same conclusion.
(Ryzen5600x, 5900x, intel 12900k, imac, m1 mini ... etc all the same)

CHECK this , and fix Please. How many more years should I wait...?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
131 Comments
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, its same. 

It's hard not to swear at the developers. Photoshop was a benchmark stable and fast program for many years in the 2000s. After about 2015, it got worse and worse.
I understand why this is so - the subscription model and monopoly allows you to do nothing, to do even worse - they will still pay for the program. But the fact that PS is now the source of constant problems is terribly annoying.
I really hope that Adobe will face the outflow of users, only this maybe will sober the company up and make it rehire at least a couple of good programmers.
In the meantime, yes, we have current versions of PS, in which I have high end machine slowdown on a simpliest file with just few layers, from time to time stop working hot buttons, sometimes problems with crashes and so on.
I would say "shame on you Adobe" but I'm sure they don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new post as this one is being ignored by Adobe support.

Let's bomb them until they fix this crap:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-slow-and-unusable-since-v23-in-mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this guys but I think I FOUND THE SOLUTION! 

I was trying to solve an unrelated problem so I Reset the SMC of my Macbook

Now Photoshop is working PERFECT, even with the biggest PSD files (500/600 MB and full of layers)

In case you want to try this, here is the link from Apple support: 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juancasiniThank you for sharing your experience.

Unfortunately, this does not apply to Windows OS.

Also... Since the frame of Photoshop is different from the old version, we need to work more closely on Adobe directly for optimization.

Anyone who has experienced lightness like Photoshop CS3, CS5,6 or 2015.5... No, if you've only experienced it once, you'll know that this version is very heavy and has a lot of problems. Lots of crashes and bugs

The versions I listed above make hundreds of layers, and no matter how big the size of the image is, there is no lag at all. It really doesn't slow down a bit. Even working in older Photoshop with older laptops brings a cleaner and more reliable experience than working on the latest overclocked, high-end desktop or MacPro. This has a lot of problems. I wonder why they don't answer these fundamental questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is surprising that there is no response to this fundamental problem.
Many people pay a lot of money for computers to get rid of the heaviness and delays in the latest version of Photoshop.
People with a lot of computer knowledge even try to solve problems using extreme performance through overclocking.
But no one gets the speed they want.
Anyone who says Photoshop 2022, now 23.5, is not slow is someone who has never used Photoshop before.
There is no need to roll back a lot, and there is a big difference even if it is compared to Photoshop 2017-2018.

I even gave my sister the latest computer and the latest photoshop. She is a graphic designer and has worked as an old third generation cpu. The photoshop she used was CS5, and she was full of expectations for the latest version.
However, only three hours after she used the computer, she asked me to install CS5 on her current computer instead of Photoshop 2022.
She's not even working on an image of a big size like me. It's very light, working with only a small logo and a few text.
Nevertheless, she felt this discomfort in just three hours. There are so many problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work more on 3D rendering and deep learning than Photoshop image work. 
However, sometimes i need to use Photoshop to process the example image to be inserted.
But even when doing simple tasks, the current Photoshop gives a very slow and unpleasant experience. And a lot of crashes.
The performance of my desktop machine is good. Because it's a build for 3D rendering and deep learning.
My setting uses amd's Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX and GPU uses RTX 3090TI 24GB model.
As far as I know, the weight of this Photoshop started in 2021. Of course, working in large sizes can slow down the operation of the program. But when I'm working as a sample, at least when I'm using Photoshop, it's the normal size of the picture and I don't use a lot of layers. Two at most? 
I never experienced a "delay" in any kind of work after completing my desktop build like this. There was no delay in the heavy load over 48 hours.
But the current Photoshop is already slow from loading.
Because each user has a different computer specification, the "feel" that each person experiences will be different. But at least I'm a top-tier, high-end PC that I can't even upgrade my computer anymore, and I definitely feel that the program hasn't been optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate