• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.3 opens images with everything in white color.

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Just updated my Photoshop to 23.3 version. And when I'm trying to open any RGB file - it opens with all layers colored in white color. Seems like RGB is not active at all.

IF I transfer it into CMYK - all good.

Windows 10 Home.

Below is the print screen of RGB file turned into CMYK. Cuz I was unable even to make a printscreen in RGB.

result.jpg

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

This should be fixed by the 23.3.1 update that just went out.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.3.1 which includes the fix for this issue. Please update Photoshop and share your feedback with us.

To update Photoshop to 23.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Try this: Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 448 Replies 448
448 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are "Chome files"?

Try disabling GPU in preferences, any difference?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick note for anyone who doesn't know. The Adobe Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of Photoshop to be simultaneously installed. If you are ever stuck by an update that doesn't work, install and use an earlier version of Photoshop while you solve the problem with the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i just follow as you did off option preference> performance> Graphic Processor settings.now can create duplicate layer. But, just wonder without graphic processor support how smooth and speed can use photoshop..won't be problem while working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled GPU and the problem is resolved...thank you to anyone who suggested his!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion....it has worked!

Is this just a bug or something more perhaps?

Regards . . . Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, my images are gone. They appear blank. Please fix this urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences- Performance- GPU settings -Advanced and uncheck GPU compositing. Then close and restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem…there is a post on here that easily fixes it: untick
the GPU box in preferences…--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, a few days ago I downloaded the update PS 23.3. But there was a bug by opening apicture there was some times a white surface. A few times it was ok, but when I make a selection and copy it Ctrl-J only a white surface.So I went back to the early version via system recovery, but now I have troubles with sky replacement. Creative Cloud Desctop set that already PS 23.3 is installed. Can I in some way re-install PS 23.3 hopely without bugs?

I use Windows 10

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell me if you find a fix i havent been able to finish my logo for a 2 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS version 23.3. After opening a file, when i unlock the background layer, the image turns white or blank.  The same thing happens if open two files and try to add one file on top of the other opened file.  It turns white as if the layer disappeared.  Any help? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hit Ctrl + K to go into the preferences and disable this option then restart Photoshop

2022-04-14 16_21_38-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hit Ctrl + K to go into the preferences and disable this option then restart Photoshop

2022-04-14 16_21_38-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run PS on a Win-10 machine.  PS was updated just yesterday.  Layered Tiffs are appearing as a blank white screen.  They look fine in the layers pallet.  The image looks fine if I flatten it.  I've been running PS without serious issues on this machine for more than 3 years.  This strange behavior seems to have started with yesterday's update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version has put more of the compositing workload onto the GPU rather than the CPU. That is good news as it should help performance with the larger image files we use these days. However, it could expose existing bugs in GPU hardware or drivers.
You can try going to Preferences > Performance > GPU Settings >Advanced and unchecking GPU Compositing. Then close and restart Photoshop.

If that helps, try updating your GPU drivers to the latest versions designed for creative work (e.g NVidia release Studio drivers) and when updating use the clean install option. Once done you can try rechecking the GPU compositing option and restarting Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Adobe Photoshop today to make a flyer and when I tried to create a text layer, nothing is showing up. Has anyone had this happen to them? What is the fix? I tried restarting Photoshop, Computer and even uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, and the fix did nothing to help it. I need to get this PSD edited and turned in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for information, I tried to perform the Tool Reset in this article - Adobe Support Community Article and it didn't work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine here, so have no advice. Does it work with a different font?

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 11.21.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, with the latest update when I open any file in photoshop it appears completely white. could anyone tell me why? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version has put more of the compositing workload onto the GPU rather than the CPU. That is good news as it should help performance with the larger image files we use these days. However, it could expose existing bugs in GPU hardware or drivers.
You can try going to Preferences > Performance > GPU Settings >Advanced and unchecking GPU Compositing. Then close and restart Photoshop.

If that helps, try updating your GPU drivers to the latest versions designed for creative work (e.g NVidia release Studio drivers) and when updating use the clean install option. Once done you can try rechecking the GPU compositing option and restarting Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate