• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preview only toggles once during action

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using levels, curve etc within an action - the preview toggle only works once. The action has a pause so we can manually amend each adjustment. You are now unable to toggle preview on and off repeatedly. The only way to toggle between the two states is to change the settings within the control. It'll then toggle once again between states.
Photoshop 2015.1 (20151114.r.301 x64)
Brand new top spec PC i7, 32Gb ram, win10 et al

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see this in 2015.1 but I sure am seeing this with any adjustment dialog in 2015.1.1. Luckly I still have 2014 on this machine so I can use that.

This bugs makes 2015.1.1 pretty near useless for image editing adjustements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run an action, where an Adjustment Layer > Levels is beeing executed with dialog turned on activated in actions panel.
The dialog box pops up.
I now click "Auto" and then turn off "Preview" to see the difference.
Now I see the original image without adjustment effect.
If I now try to turn on preview, nothing happens. I don't see the adjustmentlayer effect.
Bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with the preview button not working for HDR Toning, as written up here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

How do I get someone at Adobe to look at my bug and recreate it? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered the same issue since updating a few days ago. Makes the functionality useless if it's not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same issue occurs when using APPLY IMAGE during an action:
the preview toggle only works once!
So it's no more possible assessing the impact of the width of adjustments.
In fact: an action is no longer an option for this great feature APPY IMAGE.

24 years it has worked well, until now.
If this bug isn't gonna be fixed soon, I'll go back to an early 2015 CC Version. Actions for APPLY IMAGE are essential components of my workflow conception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with CC 2015 - and t's happening on two different macs! But it's only when running adjustments from an action. Makes my color correcting workflow useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Our engineers are looking into this issue. A workaround is to tickle the slider to make a change to force the preview to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that does work, but I wouldn't consider it an efficient workaround. Thanks for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, but in working with Apply Image that effects too much disorientation for the visual sense. The only way open is to abstain from actions in the meantime, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is  no preview box at all in the Levels adjustment layer....I'm not working with an action but just applying a layer. Without a preview box, it's not too useful. My workaround is Image/Adjustments/Levels, do my adjustments (which has a preview box that never goes away), then put a mask on that layer if required. That's ridiculous to have to do this. How hard can it be to make the Levels Adjustment Layer be the same as it was before the update - or even like it was in CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this bug for a while and it's still not been fixed, perhaps noone is aware?

If I open an image, then choose Image -> Adjustments -> HDR Toning... the image appears with the new HDR look.

If I want to see what the initial version looked like, I can untoggle the Preview button on the right of the dialog (beneath OK and Cancel). However, if I re-toggle the Preview button nothing happens until I change another parameter and then the image updates.

In short, the Preview button only works once (when you turn it off) and it does not turn on again when it's reselected. This is intensely annoying.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2015.1.2, 20160113.r.355.x64 on a Windows 7 SP1 64 bit laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to CC 2015.1.2, the preview checkbox for at least some filters (accessed by 'P', spacebar or mouse) only works once. It will not work again for back and forth comparisons. But this is only true if the filter was called by an action. If the filter is started off the menu it works as it should. Even if I make a new, post-2015.1.2 test action which only calls, say, Unsharp Mask, it fails to work a second time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to the latest version of CC (currently 2015.1.1 version) when using filters such as gaussian blur, if the blur preview is visible, I'll untick the preview box which turns it off. If I then tick the preview box again the preview doesn't appear until I change the values for the blur (radius in this case).

Same seems to happen with other filters.

I've only been able to reproduce this when the filter is part of an action though, using the modal dialog option for pausing the action to select your values.

It makes very typical actions for frequency separation etc very difficult to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be fixed by the CC 2015.5 upgrade released today: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2016/06/adobe-releases-major-photoshop-cc-update-today-and-announc...

Votes

Translate

Translate