• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error when saving, lag when zooming, changes not reflecting in document window (macOS)

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 22.1 update, MAJOR bugs:

- ‘could not save because of a program error’ when saving, work around: hiding a few layers or folders.

- major lag when zooming in

- actions and changes delay in showing, to the point where they never show up - once I close the document and quit Photoshop and go back in the changes are  visible.

what’s going on??

Working on MacBook Pro 2017 (8g memory) running Big Sur 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Please install 22.1.1 which was released late last night. It contains a fix for program errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Reposting this from *ishal ismail, which solved the problem for me. Many thanks, Ishal!  

Here is my fix, I'm on macOS Catalina V10.15.6, PS V22. I gave PS Full Disk Access and restarted the system, seems like it has fixed the problem for now.

You can go to System preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access ( You can find it on the left side pane > and add PS to the list by pressing the small + icon you can find on the bottom of the left-side pane.

Also, you need to unlock the pri

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 447 Replies 447
447 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have encountered problem after problem when trying to save files, change brushes, merge layers. All give me a popup window titled program error. Have found a loophole around it where if you turn off all the layers besides the bottom most one and save it can. However, still unable to work and view the physical final files to save as PNG's and JPEGS for use and for clients. Photoshop has become utterly useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bkorb at this point both PreRelease and 22.1.1 contain the fix.  But you're still welcome to join PreRelease and trial our latest updates (under NDA) if you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I _would_ like. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry

My problems with sporadicall ”could not save because of a program error” seems to have been solved by this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest ps 2021 release 22.1.1 seems to have fixed the program saving problems I had in windows 10 as well as the text on paths issues I was having.

One issue remains though. The preview for liquify face-aware is not showing. I can make changes and they do work after OK but the face is not shown in the preview. 

I have both ps 2020 and ps 2021 installed and In the earlier ps 2020 release 21.2.4 it shows the preview but not in this release. 

I assumed it was due to the graphics processor but with both releases set the same in the preferences still only the 2020 release shows the preview not the 2021 release. My graphics drivers are up to date.

Has something changed, or is this a bug? Anyone else see this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update seems to have fixed the errors I was getting when trying to save or export images. I am on a Windows 10 64-bit system. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem exists... saving Tif file, saving jpg files, opening files, trying to put a stroke on a layer fails, trying to open layer styles fails... I have tried the three fixes Adobe suggested and still the problem exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi *Brian Bach ,

I understand that this problem is really severe and we will be needing your help for the same.

Could you please share the following info: 

1. System Info from Help>System Info in the menu.
  2. Mechanism used to save. Save As , S4Web, Save
  3. Format that you are trying to save 
  4. File size and also share file if possible
  5. Console Traces. Clear traces before reproducing the issue. Post getting the error, select All on console and paste the traces in a text file and share. [ This can be done by running the application from terminal in Macbook. Run the following in terminal : "

/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021"]

6. And please do share preferences of Photoshop after compressing them. These are present at

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021\ Settings/ in Mac and 

Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings - WIndows

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not export or save without crashing in Photoshop 22.1.1 on BigSur 11.2. Or do anything for that matter. I've been using Photoshop for over 20 years and I have never seen this bad.  I've got to get some work done and it's impossible. I've tried all the "fixes". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not export or save without crashing in Photoshop 22.1.1 on BigSur 11.2. Or do anything for that matter. I've been using Photoshop for over 20 years and I have never seen this bad.  I've got to get some work done and it's impossible. I've tried all the "fixes". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Cannot save because of a program error. PS 22.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've benn facing this issue for weeks. When I dicovery that has no answer for our question, I decided to use PS 21.2.4, but today I've got a file from a client and I just click to open, wordked an hour or more and click to save. Well, I think you know what happend: My computer used PS 22.1.1 and I lost my job and my time. I'm feeling very desappointed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Bitsey ,

I understand that this problem is really severe and we will be needing your help for the same.

3. Is the error also seen while opening the files.
  4. File Format that you are trying to save 
  5. File size and also share file if possible
  6. Console Traces for Mac users - Post getting the error, select All on console and paste the traces in a text file and share. [ This can be done by running the application from terminal in Macbook. Run the following in terminal : "/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021"]
  7. And please do share preferences of Photoshop after compressing them. These are present at:
    1. Mac -> ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021\ Settings/  
    2. Windows -> Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*RandyCollier 

Are you still facing the issue? If yes, could you share the above mentioned details with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue program error while trying to save

Mac OS Big Sur 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the latest version 22.2 on Catalina 

Same issue.

I keep a clean copy of ps prefs and setting folder on my desktop.

I am forced to go through the ritual of replacing them and rebooting EVERY SINGLE DAY

same thing happening on ALL the macs in my dept.

frustrating is an inadequate term.

this really brings Adobe to a new low.

disgusting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes I tried ALL the troubleshooting suggestions mentioned here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eli_kroen ,

3. Format that you are trying to save 
  4. File size and also share file if possible
  5. Console Traces. Clear traces before reproducing the issue. Post getting the error, select All on console and paste the traces in a text file and share. [ This can be done by running the application from terminal in Macbook. Run the following in terminal : "

/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021"]

6. And please do share preferences of Photoshop after compressing them. These are present at

1. ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021\ Settings/ in Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PS 22.2.0 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Getting the "Could not save... because of a program error" when saving to a NAS. I cab save too my local desktop, then manually replace the original on the server. I believe from past experience it might be a permissions error, but cannot remember the workaround. 

Please PS family, can you shed any light on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I can save as .psb but not as .psd. It's only an 18mb file, with no fonts used.

Votes

Translate

Translate