• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error with actions that have save command in 24.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating photoshop to 24.3.0 it throws a save error if I have a save in action.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.4.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 237 Replies 237
237 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I just stumbled across it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Häufig reduziere ich grössere Batches von JPEGs mit eigenen Aktionen, dort entweder via "speichern" oder "speichern unter". In der Stapeldatei konnte dann "Speichern und schliessen" oder auch "Ordner"/"Wählen" definiert sein. Dies funktionierte immer unter Photoshop 2022. Nicht aber 2023!

Steht "speichern" in der Aktion – unabhängig von Zieldefinitionen in der Stapeldatei – meldet das System einen Fehler. So musste die Aktion neu geladen werden mit "Speichern unter" nach den vorhergehenden Befehlen, dann funktionieren  verschiedene Zielorte in der entsptrechenden Stapeldatei.

Wieso ändert man ständig irgendwelche Dinge in denBildschirmfoto 2023-03-29 um 15.40.03.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-03-29 um 22.24.34.png unglaublich vielen Updates (!), wozu der gewöhnliche User unnötig viel Zeit verschwendet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for loooking into this.  here is the link to my system info

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/d3828961-72b2-492c-7797-aaddf3cf9b4c

so far, as others have mentioned here, the only actions that do not work now are ones that have 'save' or 'save as' -- all others appear to be working.  Even new actions created in the latest version do not work.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm. This is a huge headache. Glad I found this thread. 24.3.0 on mac, all saves in the actions fail. Old actions and new ones all fail with a simple "save" command. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to Photoshop.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can report I am also experience the same issue after updating to Photoshop 24.3 on Mac OS 12.6.3

I have Enable Legacy "Save As" selected and I have also re-built my action after updating and it still errors.

I can also report that this issue causes my AppleScripts with "save <OpenDoc>" steps in them to fail with exactly the same error, however I have been patching them with essentially the Save As function "save <OpenDoc> in file <OpenDocsPath> as Photoshop format" to get them going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after update, the "save" action doesn't work.... I can't use "save as" and need a simple "save" option that works...

In log i can find only:

Start Batch

File: "C:\****Photos 1.jpeg""

Error: Could not complete the command because of a program error. (-1)

End Batch

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*the issue is about .jpg to .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a public notification when the fix is released? Like most people I have had to roll back to 24.2, and switch off automatic updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LatelyInsertKeyhole wrote:

"Will there be a public notification when the fix is released?"

This thread has been tagged as a Primary Thread ("P: "). Staff will make announcements here for all to see.

In addition, follow this page for fixed issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert @Pete.Green I'm seeing it with Extendscript as well, a simple one-line script also gives a Program Error on Mac. Not tested on Windows.

app.activeDocument.save();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ceciliajota wrote:

The latest update -- Photoshop 24.3 -- prevents images from opening in Photoshop 😞

Your post is in a primary thread about Actions that use the Save command and your issue is not the same. We can move your posts. If you cannot open images because of strobing flashing, then try this:

Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable "Deactivate Native Canvas" > Restart Photoshop

This is a long thread. To tag me so I will see it, type the @ symbol before my user id (jane-e).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a very simple action - only two commands - SAVE, and CLOSE

Prior to the latest update - that action has always work.  

Now, with the latest update - executing that action gives an error message.

And - I have checked the option "Enable Legacy Save As" in Preferences -> File Handling.

Thanks,

Ting Sern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WongTS have you tried rebuilding the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I did ... delete old one, record again. When I play back - I get the
error message again.

--
Home of the human polar bear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arkadiusz25295948bj8f 

Thanks for reporting this. We have investigated the error, and it has also been found reproducible on our end. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by the team in future updates.

Please check and upvote this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-program-error-with-actions-that-have-save-...

Ranjisha

(Thread merged with parent thread by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately in the latest version of Photoshop there is a bug with the inability to execute the save command in the action. We all hope to update and fix this bug soon.

Workaround: since you only have 2 commands, shorten the action to one - close (you can confirm saving when close the file). This will work.

2023-03-30_19-16-58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem reported here.With the new Photoshop, none of my Actions which have a Save command will work and only go through to the Save command then stop. My workflow is dependent on these actions. Please Adobe IT gurus can you fix this asap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lesleydownie Adobe has posted that they are aware of this bug and it will be fixed in a future update. For now, you have to manually save files as they are processed in the action. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is a way to replace the save step and have it work. You can also roll back to the previous version of photoshop as noted numerous times in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One work-around might be using a Script that uses a Save As to replace the original image and recording or inserting that in the Action. 

But I guess that would need to check for all file format-eventualities, so probably not exactly simple … unless one can limit the file formats to a fairly small number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my end 'save as' is broken also.

--
[image: Logo]
John David Wilson | Owner/Designer

[personal information removed as per forum guidelines]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler I didn't do much testing but did verify that app.activeDocument.save() is broken too, either run as an action step or on its own as a script snippet. Other snippets like app.activeDocument.close() work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But activeDocument.saveAs(…) seems to work, so for a limited number of file formats saving over the existing file might provide a work-around. 

Not sure if it would be worth the trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate