• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Edit-in" in Lightroom Classic broken after Photoshop 25.0 update

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select "open as layers in PS" from LR this used to work until recently. Now all that happens is the PS app opens to the home page but no images are ever uploaded at all. I have restarted my computer, shut down LR and PS, and tried again, and still nothing. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS is not loading the selected Lightroom Classic file when edit in PS is selected. It works when PS beta is selected as the default edit program, but not when PS is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening to me earlier. I uninstalled then re-installed Photoshop and this seems to have fixed things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled and PS is opening to edit from Lightroom Classic as usual. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to comment: Uninstalled PS and reinstalled it, and the photo is loading correctly in PS now. 

I am also experiencing the same issue. I would appreciate any help!

PS version: 24.7

LR Classic version: 12.5

Camera Raw version: 15.5.1 (updated today)

From LRC right-click menu, "Edit In" --> "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2023" normally opens PS with photo in workspace. Starting today, PS will open to home, not to photo. Have tried (1)opening LR first, then opening PS from LR menu; (2) opening LR and PS separately, then using the menu to send photo; and (3) opening PS first, then LR, then using menu to send photo. All three scenarios result in PS stopping at home without the photo in the workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andi29476369sjz0 do you have the beta installed as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do have that installed. I had a deadline so I finally uninstalled and reinstalled PS. That seemed to fix but I am worried I might have messed something up. Hopefully everything is the same, including the Beta version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed PS 25.0 yesterday and also uninstalled the Beta version since the new AI stuff is now in the commercial version. Now, as has happened before, my photos from LR Classic, will not open in PS. When clicking on "Edit in Photoshop 2024" from LR, PS opens without the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bruce him if you have the beta installed, uninstall the beta then try again. If you already uninstalled the beta (looks like you have) try reinstalling LR after you install 25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bruce him,

In my testing, at first I had this same issue but was able to resolve it by resetting the Photoshop 25.0 preferences.

Can you give that a try and let us know if it fixes it for you?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Let me know how that goes!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated PS yesterday.  It is now called version 25.0.0 in About but is till Photoshop 2024 in my app tray and list. The app tray 2024 icon opens up the newest version, and it does appear to function.. Problem is that the link between LRC and PS is now broken.  When I updated PS, the available PS versions shown in "edit in" or in the "preferences" for LRC showed only PS 2024 (which was beta) and dropped PS 2023 (which was regular PS).  
I uninstalled the beta, since it does sometimes give trouble, but now there are NO versions of PS available in LRC.  No link works; "edit in" shoes no PS version; Ctr-E obviously doesn't work.  I could uninstall and reinstall both programs, but I fear the same problem would simply reappear.

How can I reestablish the link between PS and LRC, please?

(I run Wndows 10 on a laptop and the latest versions of those Adobe programs that I use.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to your response, I signed out of adobe cloud, installed PS 24.7 and uninstalled PS 25.0. Everything worked fine. Then I reinstalled PS25.0 and it is now working. I also do not have the Beta version installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, the first step is to try this:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to uninstall Photoshop. When asked, keep preferences! After this reinstall Photoshop again.

If this doesn't help the nest step is to reinstall both apps Lightroom and Photoshop. Please folloe the steps below:

1. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Client and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. When asked, keep preferences! 

2. Install Photoshop first and then Lightroom Classic. The right order is very important here!

If this doesn't help try the reinstallation with removing the preferences also.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a fan of Adobe Bridge... and I find it is a great way to set (or reset) file open parameters. 

The OS can handle this as well with (Open with > Always use... ) but I have found that either way > it does not always stick. Especially when installing a new Photoshop Beta. One may have to redux the operation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the new version of Photoshop today - Photoshop 2024 25.0.  I also have Lightroom Classic 12.5.

The download automatically transferred settings from Photoshop 2023 including showing 2024 as the default 'edit in' in LrC. However, no matter which type of photo I select in Lightroom, it will not transfer to Photoshop. Ps2024 opens but nothing appears in the app. I've waited several minutes because I read that there were some delays in the beta version, but that didn't help.

I can get a photo to transfer sometimes by selecting 'edit original' but of course, that gives me a copy without my Lightroom edits - not useful at all for those minor touchups in Ps after primary editing in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mikew225 ,

In my testing, at first I had this same issue but was able to resolve it by resetting the Photoshop 25.0 preferences.

Can you give that a try and let us know if it fixes it for you?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't resolve it, others have been able to fix this by uninstallling and reinstalling Photoshop.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LTC and PS together for years. Thanks for the
suggestion, but I just need to relink them on the normal way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences files did nothing except remove all of my setups. It didn't change anything as far as a photo coming from LrC. However, deleting and reinstalling Ps2024 seems to have resolved the issue.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware to the bug in LR-PS beta from last month and until today I used a downgraded version of LR in order to make the workflow work. 
I decided to updated everything LR, PS, PS beta and bridge and surprise surprise same problm from LR 12.5 to PS Beta 25 accurs in PS 25. I get this message "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched." followed by a long waiting and then another error message in LR that says "

AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityByID: id must be a number or string.".

So can I understand that the problem has not been solved? 
Should I downgraod LR again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, the first step is to try this:

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to uninstall both Photoshop versions. When asked, keep preferences onlyfor the public 25.0!  After this reinstall Photoshop 2024 (25.0) again.

If this doesn't help the nest step is to reinstall both apps Lightroom and Photoshop. Please folloe the steps below:

1. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Client and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. When asked, keep preferences! 

2. Install Photoshop first and then Lightroom Classic. The right order is very important here!

If this doesn't help try the reinstallation with removing the preferences also.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a way to have both PS and PS beta listed in the external
editing preferences in LR. Then you can choose which one to use whenever
you want to. Whichever one is selected in the preferences is the one that
opens with "edit in" or Ctrl-E, and it can readily be switched in the LR
preferences..There's a YouTube video somewhere that tells how to arrange
this, and I'll post a link if I can find it again.
Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My beta opens, but the only way I can get a photo into the non-beta is to
open PS first.

Perhaps the problem begins with both versions being called PS 2024, so the
system has no way to distinguish them from each other????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MPDAEF 

Thank you for sharing your workflow. Could you please uninstall both Photoshop versions from your machine, restart your device, and only reinstall Photoshop 25.0, the regular one, and check if that helps resolve the problem?

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more and more convinced that the problem stems from both versions
having the same number.

The two links below are to previous fixes for the above problem that would
work IF the current Beta had its own name/number. As it is, there's no way
to find the second version to put it into the preferences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXiXsiJf8h0
https://www.youtube.com/results?sy
earch_query=how+to+use+LR+with+PS+and+PS+beta

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and I believe I reported that the Lr to PS workflow functions
properly.

But now there's no way to use both PS and PS beta on the same computer
(which we've been doing up until the latest PS update). As I just wrote
elsewhere, it's possible that this problem arises because both PS and the
beta seem to be called PS 2024. (The beta has been 2024, but PS was 2023
until the update.)

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding one more comment: If both PS and PS beta are installed, deleting
the beta seems to remove any link between PS and LRC. In other words, if
the beta is installed, that's the version recognized as 2024 by LR, and
there's no way to get it to recognize that there's also a non-beta
version. The only way to reestablish the link between PS and LRC that I've
found is to uninstall both PS versions and reinstall ONLY the non-beta.
Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate