• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "To use Creative Cloud Libraries please update the Creative Cloud Application"

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !
Today when I opened my PC I was notified that the Creative Cloud Desktop Application needs to be updated.
I clicked on update, waited for it to finish and sadly it ended up with an error and I had to use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall it. It has uninstalled successfully..
After reinstalling it, Photoshop no longer sees my libraries. I have tried all the help links from adobe help website to fix the sync, delete sync file, sign in, sign out.
Nothing works, I cannot see my libraries inside photoshop.
I get the message in the title: "To use Creative Cloud Libraries, please update the Creative Cloud Application.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018
Hello! Today I received another update for Creative Cloud and now the libraries are working. Problem is fixed for now. Thank you for your help and work for fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018
Hi,

There is a quick change to try that should get your Libraries panel back to working.

1) Quit any running Adobe CC applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.) 
2) go to the location below and move the complete 'CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207' folder to your desktop 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\

3) relaunch Photoshop

Let us know how things go.

regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
57 Comments
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG...

Hi Steve,

It worked! The Library panel is working as normal in Photoshop.

But why? I'm curious. I'm not computer techie enough to understand why. . .

Thanks so much.

Kind regards
Rosa
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

For sure. I'm in Australia, so need to work out a time.

My Libraries panel is back working in Photoshop as I took Steve's advice (below) and moved the panel extension to my desktop and that did the trick. Curious to know why though.

Regards
Rosa
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosa,

I'm glad to hear that it worked.

I don't have all the pieces of the puzzle but can tell you a bit of the background. The library panel is an extension that relies on a few other components. Your machine had the 2.14.207 extension which was being loaded by Photoshop.

When the Creative Cloud update failed (which I don't understand the root cause), and you uninstalled and re-installed the 4.5.0.331 version, a file was removed. With that file removed, network connections that the library uses could not happen and you get the message about updating the Creative Cloud application.

You system still has the components that will allow the 2.13.141 panel version to work though. So by moving the 2.14 version out of the path, Ps now loads the earlier version and things are working again.

We are still investigating what happened with the update failure, so we can get your system back running the latest version of the Libraries panel. I don't think a screen share is needed at this time though.

regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your help. 

Wow, I'm glad I'm not a PS engineer! It's more involved than we, the customers realise!

I'm just grateful that Adobe employees like yourself and representatives like Hannah are so quick to respond to our issues and queries.

So, I guess once Adobe has a fix to get my system running the latest version of the Libraries panel, I will be notified through here?

Anyway, if needed down the track, I'm happy to do a screen share. 

Kind regards
Rosa
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's a couple things that might happen. The first, and preferred, is that you get another Creative Cloud update notification and the install works this time around and everything is updated. Another option is to have you run a separate installer which patches a subset of things related specifically to the Libraries panel. I'll post back here when/if the second option becomes available and seems worth pursuing.

Kind regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks millions Steve. I'll keep you posted on any developments.

Cheers
Rosa
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks millions Steve. I'll keep you posted on any developments.

Cheers
Rosa
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

I've also performed the above change and moved the folder "CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207" to my desktop.
My Photoshop libraries are also now back to normal and working.
I am sorry for replying so late, I have a different timezone as well. I'm from Romania.
Thank you very much for your help, I will keep eyes on this thread for further messages from you as you mentioned.

All the best,
Cristian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're delightful, Rosa. Thanks for your patience. Glad Steve got your library going again.

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the *exact same* issue this week as "Rosa" and "CristianC25" and it started at the same day as them.

Following Steve's method fixed the problem for me too.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I'm bringing bad news again.
Creative Cloud failed to update again today.
During update It was asking me to replace some folders. Clicking yes or no didn't do anything but to corrupt the update of the application.
Then I ended up with a GPUCache folder on my desktop and with Creative Cloud refusing to load. Same as before. I guess I have to uninstall it again, my God...this is such a pain.
(EDIT); I've used the cleaner tool again and reinstalled the latest version from the Adobe Creative Cloud website - download button. It reinstalled successfully and now the version number is 4.6.0.384
(EDIT2) I have removed "CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207" again and this time no longer makes the Creative Cloud library work inside Photoshop. Gives same error as before.

An additional bug or problem. Starting Creative Cloud now creates a GPUCache on my desktop everytime.
Others have encountered this problem also and have posted here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2511010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone still following this thread? The problem isn't fixed and there's a 2nd problem now with that GPUCache folder appearing on desktop when you start Creative Cloud App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, we are. I have replied in the U2U forum on the GPUCache issue (but don’t have an understanding of the root cause yet).

When you had/have the 2_14_207 extension in the installed location, did/do you see the same original error?

Can you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\CCLibrary.exe and tell me the version that’s reported either in the tool tip or under Properties | Details?

thx,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thank you for your patience and help.
I saw your reply in U2U forum, I didn't know it was you. I replied there about the GPUCache.

1) I have received pretty much the same error, yes. (EDIT) This time it says "To use Creative Cloud Libraries please install the Creative Cloud Application" instead of "Update" the Creative Cloud Application.
This time I receive the same error with the workaround in place. (2_14_207 folder moved to my desktop)
2) Yes, here is a screenshot with the Properties | Details of the app. RackMultipart2018070942859trd2-a1977329-c739-4ac7-af88-16a35db565e5-139582162.pngRackMultipart201807091084441da-68668e31-d787-4512-93ac-96a33f8cf55c-86853281.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps solved the appearance of the GPUCache on the desktop. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10492296#10492296

The first problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing those steps here Cris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, my pleasure to help. I hope we finally fix the main problem with CC too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristian, were you able to solve the library issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem too. Moving "CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207" worked for a while then "To use Creative Cloud Libraries please install the Creative Cloud Application" started appearing again. I've tried moving the 2_14_207 folder to my desktop again but it didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my cc app and it still didn't work. I really don't know what to do 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OmiVT

I think the problem still exists. I have had succes with moving the folder to my desktop but as yet not had a permanent fix to the problem.

Cheers
Rosa
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't. It was kinda of solved until latest Creative Cloud update. Right now libraries are again not working and are giving me the above message. I didn't post anything else because I was waiting for a reply if it ever comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty much upset on this issue. Reinstalling Photoshop doesn't fix it either. I cleaned everything. The CC and PS simply refuse to communicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried updating my Photoshop but it didn't work. Hope they could fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The workaround of moving the 2_14_2-7 extension to the desktop should not be needed at this point. There was a mandatory Creative Cloud desktop update ( 4.6.0.384) which contributed to the initial problem; if you are still having problems with that update we'll need to work through it.

The expected baseline for the Libraries to be working is the "CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_2_14_207" is present in the Common Files location. If it is can you check the version of the running background service?

1) right click on Taskbar and select 'Task Manager'

2) go to the 'Details' tab and scroll to CCLibrary.exe

3) right click on the process and select 'Properties'

4) in displayed dialog go to Details tab

What is the file version?

If you don't see that process, then you'll need to launch it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\CCLibrary.exe

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
My CCLibrary.exe version is 2.14.9.3.
I've posted this a few days ago as a screenshot including the full details panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate