• 한국 커뮤니티
    Comunidad dedicada para hablantes de coreano
Salir

P: Slow Curves Adjustment layer with zoom tool selected

Comprometido ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copiar vínculo al Portapapeles

Copiado

Since Ps 23.x most adjustment layers, unfortunately specially Curves, are super slow, throtteled and jerky. - Please fix that asap, thanks.

MBP 16, 2019, Core i9, 64 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 8 GB

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Appreciate any feedback. Specially if ther is a workaround to fix this prior to bug fix.

A video explains more than 1000 words: 

Error Corregido
TEMAS
macOS

Vistas

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Directrices de la comunidad
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines

correct answers 1 respuesta correcta

Empleado de Adobe , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Thank you for that video.
Engineering has a ticket for addressing the issue.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir
115 Comentarios
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Hi

I just tested with the same image size as you and I'm not experiencing the issue with the Curves adjustment with Photoshop version 23.0.1, although I'm on Windows, one thing to try is enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-11-13 09_43_11-Preferences.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Hi @Roland_Rick ,

Try the sugestions from nikunj.m, here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/adjustment-sliders-unresponsive-in-la...

Let us know if any of these suggestions help.

Best

mj

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

I'd also be interested in wheter disabling/hiding the rulers makes a difference.

The other thing I would like to know is if it makes a difference if the curves dialog is not above the image (slide it to the side so the dialog doesn't overlap with the image) when adjusting the sliders.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

This will give us more clues on why things might be slow.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Comprometido ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copiado

@J453 , thanks for getting back.

The Ruler OFF helped, I even could reactivate it. As soon I am doing something to the image, e.g. zoom and/or out, it's jerky again independent rulers are on or off.

Best results I get if things are unchecked like in screen shot, moving the curves point no longer jumps but is quiet slow, it's like moving throughout jelly. I am doing huge panos since ever this new slow-down effect is new. Unfortunately I have no longer a Mac running MacOS prior to Monterey to test any side effects between the two MacOS versions.

Somehow it's not the idea to disable GPU settings on a program like Photoshop 😉

2021-11-14_16-45-54.jpg

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

I suspect it's Enable Native Canvas Rulers based on your description. Can you doublecheck that checking that one makes things jerky again?

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Thanks for letting us know @Roland_Rick.

Will mark @J453's suggestion as correct for anybody else that might encounter the problem

Have a great day

mj

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copiado

@Roland_Rick It may help engieners if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

I would also like to be more specific as to what size is the file? 

Dimension of this file?
Resolution of file (300ppi,600ppi...) ?

8/16/32 bit file? 

Also

Please provide information in Photoshop, select Help > System Info.

1. In the System Info dialog, click Copy.
  2. Attach or copy the info here to this thread.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

Looks like 17,967 x 5059 px 300PPI 16bits from the video

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Comprometido ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copiado

Nope please uncheck that "Solution. Not the correct solution.

As I replied in https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/adjustment-sliders-unresponsive-in-la... it does not solve the problem. As soon you zoom in/out or touch the canvas with the mouse, it is super jerky again. Currently I am working on a file from a D850 (lossless compressed NEF) loaded as smart object from ACR into Ps. It is horrible to work with. Totally no go.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copiado

Hi,

I'm experiencing really slow Curves already since PS 21.x.x and 22.x.x and it gets gradually worse.  I'm now on 23.0.1.

I'm experiencing super slow curves especially while adjusting masks. I just wanted to write a new issue topic but found this one. The size of the image almost doesn't matter. As long as there are several layers the curves start to be super slow and like I said adjusting masks is almost not possible. Turning the Ruler Off doesn't help. Turning off 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers" kind of helped a little.

Mac Pro 2019

3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

192 GB Ram

AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB

Please Adobe Fix this, it is almost not possible to use curves anymore.

Thanks!

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

What is are the dimensions, ppi and bit depth of the Smart Object you are applying the Curves to? 
I am trying to re-create a simialr file on my end. 

If you work on a rasterized or original file (no smart object) do Curves styill behave slowly? 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,

Copiado

Hi,  i tried to reproduce it with the same file I had troubles with. Now it doesn't show up so clearly. I only could reproduce it once, after I confirmed the adjustment of the mask but then I wanted to make further adjustments, then I could not move the corner point at all. But in general the behaviour is not constant. Only sometimes I can't barely move any point of the curve. Here is alink with the File: https://web.tresorit.com/l/9SFMi#QKoH-Tnjg7JjWJcxnxJcrA

There are two Adjustment Layers on top. Try to adjust the mask content with curves.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

Thank you for the sample file. 

I have tried to reproduce initailly and nothing yet, however, I will keep at it.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

QQ - if you hide the Histogram panel does the problem go away?

JeffreyTranberry_0-1637607954736.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

The biggest thing that makes a difference is if the Zoom tool is selected. Histogram doesn't make a difference for me.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,

Copiado

I see exactly same issue but not since 23.x - I see it since 22.x and I was reporting it for about a year here. The last working version was 21.x. Currently thanks to Adobe it is no longer possible to install 21.x so the only solution I found is to restart Photoshop everytime it happens.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,

Copiado

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,

Copiado

Thanks!

One another thing on my end regarding @J453 's Histogram comment.

The histogram panel was never shown on my workspace while I was experiencing the slow curves.

And one another thing: I almost always have super slow curves when the file gets bigger. Same as in the first example video in the thread. But when adjusting the contrast of a mask with a curve it is very clearly slow even with smaller files.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copiado

I tested 23.0.2 now.

Looks like "deactivate native canvas" helps a little (can't compare to 21.x which was working perfectly because 21.x is no longer available), I tried restarting PS few times with enabling/disabling it and it works little smoother when it is deactivated.

Easy steps:

1) open image 4016x6016 RGB 16-bit

2) open single curves layer and move points - they move smoothly

3) zoom in very very little

4) open same curves and move - they are jerky

5) ctrl-0 (no zoom)

6) curve points are smooth again

7) zoom out a lot (1/3 image on the screen)

8) curve points are jerky again

rulers are disabled (tried to switch them with ctrl+R)

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Comprometido ,

Copiado

@J453 , hey man, thanks, removing the histogram was a good idea. Helped.

However: since the histogram is one of the most important things up there and I won't miss it, please forgive me not marking this as solution, because it's only a workarond, sacrificing the histogram.

FYC: I found an old MBP13, early 2015, running macOS Catalina, Intel blablabal graphics only, updated everything Adobe related and it was smoother as on my MBP 16, i9, 2019, Radeon 5500 Pro, 8 GB. Probably those performance issues are caused in relation to the macOS version.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

@Roland_Rick Thanks. I have seen times in the past 20 years where the histogram would cause a severe slowdown like you are seeing, but I don't think it's the primary culprit in your case. That said, the histogram does take some resources to update when you're editing when it's visible - so there's always a slight performance hit with it shown. (e.g. it's not free in terms of processing to use)

I think I have a good enough repro case for our engineers to try and track it down. I think it has more to do with what tool is selected in the Tool Bar  and what zoom level you're at when you're editing the curve.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Empleado de Adobe ,

Copiado

Investigating. Please hit the UpVote if you're affected by this issue.

Estado Iniciado

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Comprometido ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copiado

Dear @J453 , unfortunately I must redraw my "Correct Answer" (can this somehow be done?) - Meanwhile, I can report, that this slowness and jerkyness is somehow random, also kinda all adjustment layers are affected, not only curves as initially reported.

I could't find a pattern when it's occuring and when not, the multiple workarounds I tried yet, also all the suggested ones, turned out to randomly work - or not.

As already mentioned, on my old MBP13, Early 2015, Intel Graphics only, running still macOS Catalina, the same file causes no problems utilizing the adjustment layers.

Happy debugging 😉

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Colaborador ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copiado

@Roland_RickI am familar with this issue for long, long time, I found it by doing dodge and burn under my stack of layers, so the easy way to reproduce it is just create many layers like curves/hsl/balance and then open anything like curves or levels under them, then try to move, you will notice extremely slowness, the last working version was Photoshop 21.x, it is broken since 22.x, however there must be some combination of setup/configuration which triggers that, that's why Adobe wasn't able to spot it for so long - they probably don't have test configurations to find it, after last discussions I found that it works correctly on my system if disable technology preview and use only default zoom (ctrl+0), it slowdowns when image is zoomed in or heavy zoomed out, however it is interesting that problem appears both on Mac and Windows, both on AMD and nVidia - or maybe this scenario in triggered by multiple things

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe