• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Starting in v 23.1.1 - keeps nagging me to save to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for / using Photoshop for many years (since way back to version 3 in 1996).

I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving files, and don't want to.

However, starting with version 23.1.1 whenever I create new file from an image I've copied to the PC's clipboard and then paste it into the blank PSD and Save, it now prompts me to save the file to the Creative Cloud.

The first time it popped-up (today) I made sure to put a check mark in the "Dont Show Again" box and chose "Save to your computer".

Yet it's still popping-up the "Save to Creative Cloud" prompt every time and still forcing me to make the extra step of choosing "On your computer" , every time. (Screenshot attached).

This is insanely annoying.

At first I thought hmmm... OK maybe just a glitch, so I shut down PhotoShop and restarted my PC. Problem still happens. I can't seem to find any way to change it in the settings.

Has anyone else encountering this bug? Know of a solution?

Many thanks for any input!

adobe_photoshop_v_23_1_1_bug.png

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi everyone -- thanks for your feedback.  We've updated the preference to more accurately reflect your expectations so that if you want to default to save locally, it will always only do that and no longer "upsell" with the dialog explaining the advantages of saving to the cloud.  

Please see the updated preference under Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location and you can choose "On your computer" for the local dialog to always appear when saving a new document.  This updated experien

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely I agree. I find this move by Adobe nothing short of disgusting. To leave this setting out is deliberate. It's a cheap ploy to make the user (even more) dependent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here is stifling anyone from leaving feedback.  Quite the opposite. 

Just keep in mind that we are Adobe's guests, they foot the bills for this support community.  Likewise, they can shut it down if they choose to. 

Say what you have to say.  Keep it on topic. And be respectful.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Nobody here is stifling anyone from leaving feedback."

LOL! Of course they are! People have even been told to stop using Photoshop!!!

There's none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"LOL! Of course they are! People have even been told to stop using Photoshop!!!"

============

😕  It never happened.  Not in 5 pages of posts since 2019, I checked.

[I think it's fair to say that this topic has run its course.  Nothing more can come from this that hasn't been said already.  I'm locking this to further posts.  If a forum moderator sees any reason for unlocking it, you know where to reach me.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear to god they do this to encourage you into buying more cloud storage! Thanks to the poster who flagged up being able to change it in preferences, it too was driving me mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a current bug that causes this to come up. It's not supposed to and it's not intended.

If the suggestions here don't work, post in the "bugs" subsection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default setting to turn off cloud saves is there, its just not working. I have been saving files all day and just now, what popped up?

Screenshot 2022-05-23 160314.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update on photoshop now means save to creative cloud comes up as the first option EVERYTIME I want to save a new design file adding an extra process when all I want to do is save to my works online system. Many of my colleagues agree that this feature is irritating and often causes the dreaded rainbow wheel to pop up. 

Any help with how to get rid of this option would be greatly appreciated. I work in the creative industry where we are constantly having to save mutliple files and myslef and my team all really dislike this feature.

Thanks,

Frustrated designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Photoshop. We are here to help.

This updated experience is now in version 23.3 & above.

Try this and let us know if it helps. 

SameerK_0-1653477029884.png
Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it has, Thank you. It's just going to take a while to get the word out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was having the same problem.  Thanks for showing how to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know how to work - we are not idiots.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR [cursing removed] HANDS OFF OUR FILING.
If we wanted to use cloud - then we would use cloud.
Why annoy the VAST MAJORITY of your audience - just because you think you can squeeze another $5 a month out of people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"They foot the bills"... Really Nancy?   I think not.  
"They could shut down community support"...  Sure, and end up with ACTUAL support calls that they would need to employ ACTUAL support personnel for.
This is a cost-offset Nancy... please don't forget that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think (at least for me) you missed the mark on this.

I prefer saving my files to the cloud. However since it's a subscription service it's obvious I give up control over my files by doing so.

IMO this should be the resolution.

1. Allow us to save BOTH to the cloud and locally, syncing the files. it doesn't make sense to have to choose one or the other

2. I can live with managing my own files locally, like I've done since I first used Adobe decades ago, but what I dislike greatly is the "AUTO SAVE". Am I th only person that uses Creative Cloud that own a cat? they have a tendency to intentionally smash all the buttons on the keyboard, including making all kinds of  changes to a file that aren't easily figured out so 'undoing' them isn't 'just that easy'. I  just can see who in their right mind would want to automatically save their progress without confirming it. 

Bums me out to be honest. Hated it when office 365 started doing it, but at least with that suite it's possible to disable the auto save.

Can't we get the best of both worlds instead of half?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audrey, thank you for the detailed reply. I agree this works but the option has since been changed again and the default now seems to be reset with some updates. I have set this default three times now. Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles? I will keep setting this default to "local" and honestly it's a minor inconvenience but life dictates that minor inconveniences always seem to come during crushing deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@whcressall 

Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

Hi

You can start a new thread and tag it as an "Idea" if you want the engineers to consider it.

One thing you can do right now is to make a copy of your Preferences files when it is good. Give it a slightly different name, such as change the extension to ".backup" or whatever. Then when needed, delete the preferences file and rename your backup.

When you delete the Preferences file, PS will create a new one with the system defaults. When you restore a good backup, it will use that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Job Audrey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's annoying that we have to go into preferences and specifically indicate that we don't want to be annoyed. Just don't annoy us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the unpleasant experience of encountering this when I updated to the latest version and had the privilege of having to scour the forums to find the solution. That wasted 15 minutes of my workin day, thank you. Adobe - why could it not be the other way around, where the default when you first save is to offer your computer and then suggest Cloud? Why are you constantly imposing your own idea of how YOU think we should manage our workflow onto our desktops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud saves should not be the default!!!!  This is terrible I should not be getting this still. I should not have to change my settings with every edition.  You are pushing me off adobe very quickly.  You are no longer the only game in town.  I have no reason to cloud save I do not want to cloud save.  Stop resetting mt settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was nice to finally see that option in Photoshop. Now, please add this Illustrator where this is also a problem.

I assume this is an issue on all your programs so even nicer would be an option within the Creative Cloud app to just set this for all your apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have that same issue and just lost my patience and 'sucked it up'. Thanks to the answers, I made the changes and now feel a little better. I still have some huge issues and fast discovering it isn't (maybe) not Adobe, but me. The chip, the processor isn't good enough anymore. The application keeps crashing and even though tec support reinstalled the previous version, now that is crashing. Today I am not a happy camper, but one day I'll be flying with the birds again, but when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Digital-Mirrors 

Now, please add this Illustrator where this is also a problem."

It's best to ask Illustrator questions in the Illustrator forum. Here's the link"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ct-p/ct-illustrator

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate