• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: The Cmd key selection is totally messed up.

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cmd selection inside the Layers panel of the latest update of Photoshop is totally messed up and is consuming more time against the older version of photoshop. How can I downgrade the updates to the old version. This application issue and the time it is wasting of mine won't make the cut

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015
This issue should be solved by the 2015.1.1 update released tonight: https://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/20...

Votes

Translate

Translate
64 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivier, no it's not a solution. Since this update you have to be with the mouse exactly over the pixels. Not possible in work flow. Have a look my link below...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact same behavior I am seeing. Cmd selecting multiple layers seems to randomly fail. OS X 10.11.1 on a late 2013 iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of what is being described here is a bug in Photoshop, related to a change in shortcuts for the move tool toggling of auto-select behavior.
We are working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benedikt, i am on Windows, the problem seems to be different on Mac. I guarantee this method works on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. Workflow is ruined.
Please fix this ASAP!

Win 10 here.

Holding Ctrl while the marquee tool is active used to let me move the selected layers, but now it auto-selects the layers relative to where I click on the screen. Auto-select is turned off in the move tool panel. It shouldn't be doing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the bad part of activation auto-select again? Cause I was having that stupid marquee showing up, then I activated auto-select and now I can move layers without having to pinpoint what I want to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allan,
did you really read everything what was written before?
again regarding your question "what's the bad part":
a) put a adjustment layer (e.g. a curve) on top of your document and change its mask to something other than just white (grey for example): no chance to work anymore.
besides your question this is an older bug which came up with another update some years ago. (adjustment layers should be taken out from detection, at least as an option, similar to the stamp options) testfile here: http://wck.me/BXv
b) if you have small or transparent elements (imagine a tiny white "reflection" on a layer which you want to reposition) you can not move it. it causes random selections of other layers.
c) anything that just "automates" is bad, because the photoshop program can"t know, what you plan.
d) if you personally like automatic selection switch it on, but it hasn't to do anything with the standard move tool
e) press ctrl-alt-cmd instead of cmd and you have any time the automatic selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm having the same issue and I'm equally frustrated. Really bad if you have an object off the edge and want to change its position keyframe (motion mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as everyone else.

I cannot move my pasted/transformed objects, because it keeps autoselecting other layers and moving those other layers instead.

I'm completely stuck right now, this is very frustrating. I'm reverting to 2015.0 for now until this gets fixed.

2015.1, Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, See Andreas' solution above, it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try once my current project is finished. Already late on my deadline

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
there is a very important and intuitive functionality in Photoshop, which got now damaged.
You should know: As soon as you press the Command-Key you will get the move tool (regardless which OTHER tool you are using like stamp/selection e.g.). And as soon as you release the command key again you return back to the other tool before.

This is how it worked BEFORE the latest photoshop release a few days ago:
This "temporarily" move tool worked and behaved exactly as the "original" move tool.
And if you were holding instead Ctrl-alt-Comand you got automatically an selection (activation) of the top visible layer.
This is very important in layout processes, because you can quickly select (with "ctrl-alt-cmd") the visible layer without going through the (often complex) layer panel and move the selcted layer to any new position (just by releasing "Ctr-alt" und keeping holding "command"). It even gave you the possibility to work quickly "blind" without any control view at the layer panel.

NOW AFTER the latest photoshop release the automatical selection is nearly always active and behaves unpredictable. You need to take care, to be over the pixels of the layer. And it behaves unpredictable with nested groups, layer masks and layers.
I tried to change all possible settings of the move tool to bring it back to the old functionality, but it hasn't worked.

The INCONVENIENT result is, that you have to choose like a beginner the "real" move tool ("v"), if you want to move layers without changing the selection/activation, and returning back afterwards to the tool you were using before.
In a nutshell: The intuitive functionality is destroyed.
I know this is a knowledge of professionals and not important to beginners or casual photoshop users, but it is sad, that newer developements don't take care on old achievements.

Some years ago the quick selection (holding CTRL-ALT-CMD) was still a lot better: It even ignored any layer masks or adjustment layers. This was the best way for this tool: Because you want only select visible elements (consisting of pixels) in such a work flow – and not invisible elements like adjustment layers (which often cover the whole canvas, so it doesn't make sense to move them) or layer masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop (2015.1) appears to have broken a feature. It has to do with the move tool and the Auto-Select setting. When the move tool is selected in the tool bar, the move tool respects the Auto-Select check box. When another tool is selected in the toolbar, say the zoom tool or hand tool, and the move tool is selected by holding down the control key, the move tool is always in auto select mode. In the past, it has respected deselecting Auto-Select for the move tool.
It is very important to my workflow to have the Auto-Select check box respected when I access the move tool using the control key!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be solved by the 2015.1.1 update released tonight: https://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/20...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok downloading 2015.1.1 now. The workaround above did work.

thanks for the timely fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update 2015.1.1 didn't solve this problem:
Selecting multiple layers in the layers panel with ctrl/cmd resets the selection every few clicks and selects only one.

(win 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me in 2015.1.1, but i had to disable the workaround from before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't get the 2015.1.1 update. I tried logging out, tried deleting and reinstalling Photoshop, no go. I still see only 2015.1 as my current version number ... ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Force Adobe CC to check for new versions, it should find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2015.1.1 - No solves for this problem. I click on multiple layers while pressing command, and randomly it deselects all of the layers except one. It's entirely random, but happens most times when i try to select multiple layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, what do you mean with "multiple layers"? do you have a demo-file and/or screenshot?
Here it 2015.1.1 works now the same way like before the update.
Of course adjustment layers do not work and deselect everything (in case they have a mask). Did you check this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just update to Photoshop CC 2015.1.1 which is supposed to correct the issue. (Using control/command to switch to Move tool invokes auto-select)

I am STILL having the issue !!! It's unbelievable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still persists. The update did not solve the problem as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is considered solved but is not ! Should we reopen a new topic ?

Votes

Translate

Translate