• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Type tool - When I hit space bar cursor go to beginning of line

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm on line end and hit space bar cursor go to beginning of line but hen if I start type some letters it goes back to end. This is in paragraph text.

In point text when text is align to left (screen)
1. Point text with two lines of text
2. With text tool I clicked between "m" and "n" and wrote "##"
3. This happened after I hit enter

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013
Good morning,

Have you played with Arabic or Hebrew text at all? It sounds like you've set your composer to right-to-left and are stuck in that state. You can find full details at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m... .

If you are using legacy type which must look a certain way or Japanese or Chinese text, then I would suggest using the East Asian engine for all your needs. If you are not, then I would recommend always using the Middle Eastern engine, but make sure you've set your flo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: It depends on file. When its once broke it stay broken in that file. If U want I can send that broken file.
I have this kind of bug since CS6 (now CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Have you played with Arabic or Hebrew text at all? It sounds like you've set your composer to right-to-left and are stuck in that state. You can find full details at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m... .

If you are using legacy type which must look a certain way or Japanese or Chinese text, then I would suggest using the East Asian engine for all your needs. If you are not, then I would recommend always using the Middle Eastern engine, but make sure you've set your flow of text and justification correctly.

If you still have questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I've already check those settings - it is not a case. I event switch between right-to-left and left-to-right to see how that change type behaving and it does not make "##" to go to the left. (point no 3 on screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

In a right-to-left context, numbers are still always written left-to-right...well, at least in Arabic and Hebrew, which is what we support. It REALLY sounds like you have the text flow set R2L; not the alignment. Those are two separate things. If you want I can set up a web-mediated connect session and walk through this issue with you. Just let me know.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. But really I've this option set to "East Asian"
And as I see this setting work for all documents in PS - not for one.

EDIT:
You were right :)
But I turn on "Middle Estern and South Asian" for the first time ever. Then I switch "language option" so the features on paragraph panel shows up.
And indeed flow was set to "right to left".
BUT - how this happened? Is there some keyboard shortcut for this feature? I never turn this option on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are controls for text directionality in the paragraph panel. You're absolutely NOT the first person to do it; that's why I recognized the problem so quickly. It's easy to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following this, but like others even when it is set to left-to-right, with multiple restarts (and deleting settings file) the cursor goes to the front and any punctuation will be placed there. Really strange... It must be a broken file :(. The only thing that works for me now is to start again choosing the 'East Asian' text engine which was set by default.
I use Windows 8.1, not sure if that effects anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gemma,

The association between type engine and a type layer is permanent. That means if you are using a file that you already created with the other engine, it will continue to use that engine in the future.

Go ahead, change type engines, and start a new document and you will be fine.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the paragraph panel, and down in the lower left corner you''ll see the paragraph directional buttons just above the "Hyphenate" check box... mouse over the buttons, and the tool tip will tell you which is which - or just notice the arrow beside each icon.

Image is not available

Mine was somehow set at "Right to Left". I switched it back and that was that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Rich,

Changing the flow of text can only be done when in the Middle Eastern and Southasian text engine, as that is the only time this UI is displayed. If you're seeing this control, then you are using that text engine.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much its so helpfull ................................. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on Character tab....try to reset your Character settings....that should do the trick! I only use point text, never used a textbox ever! I always have this trouble in Photoshop, at first I just create another text layer as I'm always in a rush...but with the recent issue, I had more time to find a way to fix it....and resetting the Characters helped!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lai,

Have you checked your language/composer settings?  This is NOT something that we hear about almost ever and is directly tied to which composer you're using.  If you want to get rid of the issue entirely, all you probably need to do is follow the steps outlined...

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character settings reset works, thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U r a life saver thanks david

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Photoshop spacebar suddenly works in reverse in windows 10.  How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate