• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Want to install PS 22.2 for 3D features but it isn't available

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to install PS 22.2 now that version 23 has released? I want to be able to use 3D for the lighting effects and have been waiting for 23 to release to be able to install it. All I see in the creative cloud is 22.5.2 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all, Sorry for the trouble. We're happy to let you know that Ps v22.2 is now available for installation in the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Check now. Version 22.2 should be available again. 

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I just managed to update to Photoshop 2022 (version 23.0.0) this morning.

I had to first use Help > Check for Updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app to get access to the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still only seeing 22.5.2 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've definitely clicked on Help > Check for updates in the Creative Cloud Desktop app (version 5.6.0.788)?

JohnWaller_0-1635310066912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misread your post. My apologies.

You want to re-install version 22.2 which got uninstalled when you installed 23.0. I too only have 22.5.2 available. Any reason you specifically want 22.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because 22.2 is the version Adobe recommends to use if you want to keep using the 3D features. This is a quote from their FAQ when they rolled out the news they were removing them. I just got finished trying to contact Adobe support and they were clueless / ignorant on the topic. 

"We recommend using Photoshop 22.2 if you continue to need access to Photoshop 3D features. That version will remain accessible to you in the Creative Cloud Desktop application for installation for up to two years from August 2021 (however the operating system requirements for 22.2 will remain as they were in December of 2020 when it was originally released). "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is precisely what I had been waiting to do. Likewise only ONE version (22.5.2) is available to rollback! It is so frustrating to see that if I browse the previous versions of Lightroom Classic 11.0 I am able to select anyone of 6 versions of version 10 to roll back. Photoshop Version 22.2, recommended for 3D, was released February 2021 and was the 4th version release to 22.0, however it is 9 version releases from the current 23.0.

Adobe need to make Photoshop 22.2 available now given the promises they have indicated below.

What version of Photoshop can I use if I still want to use 3D features? 

We recommend using Photoshop 22.2 if you continue to need access to Photoshop 3D features. That version will remain accessible to you in the Creative Cloud Desktop application for installation for up to two years from August 2021 (however the operating system requirements for 22.2 will remain as they were in December of 2020 when it was originally released). 

Can I install two versions of Photoshop on my computer at the same time, in case I want to switch between using 22.2 and 22.5?

Only one version of Photoshop 22.x can be installed at any given time. When Photoshop 23.0 ships in the near future, it will be easier to install the current version (23.x or later) and 22.2 or whichever 22.x version you prefer, and toggle between versions.

source : https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got ahold of someone with support who actually knew something. As soon as they read what I was asking they sent me a link to download 22.0 directly. Just open a support ticket and ask. They really need to change the information in the Q&A section, or just give us a damn download link in the CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Let me check why Photoshop 22.2 isn't showing up in Creative Cloud Desktop app. As soon as I hear anything I will get back to you all on this thread.

We really appreciate your patience with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got finished talking to a support rep who gave me a direct link to download 22.0. The 2nd rep I spoke to was able to immediately recognize how to remedy the issue so I'm not sure why the first one had no idea what to do. Anyhow, it's just frustrating because there are other users trying to follow the instructions listed on the Q&A but that information is incorrect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release engineering is working on restoring this version.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since New updates most of the time making Problems, i which to go back to 22.4.xxx..

All versions after that, making issues for me. I really need to work every day with PS and if i have a bad workflow my Work needs more time and make me headache!

How to get a older Version if its not possible in CC like on the Screenshot?????

Transform Tool is sticking on my Mouse when i moving and overall my PS is struggling and slower as before .... its bad right now and i need a solution! 

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe will be making version 22.2 available from the Creative Cloud, not sure if other 22.xx versions will be available, if that's not the case you can contact Adobe Customer Care to request a download link

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-want-to-install-ps-22-2-for-3d-features-bu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

можете поделится ссылкой? ищу 22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working to restore access to version 22.2. In the meantime, you can enable the  'Deactivate Native Canvas' option in preferences > Technology Previews and then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update , we definitely appreciate being kept in the loop 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop community - I need help. 

I occasionaly have used an amazing plugin - 3d Map Generator to create isometric renderings of terrain.  But I let photoshop keep updating, and when I went to use it today, found out that it hasn't been supported since 22.2  I thought it would be easy enough, as a paid CC subscriber, to download an older 22.2 version and run it just for my 3d maps, but now I can't seem to find that version or anything older. 

Please advise on how this might be resolved, I'm bummed out if I can no longer generate these graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the oldest "Other version" installer you see in the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dcrytez_0-1636136905672.png

Looks like all I can see is photoshop 22.5.2, and according to the manufacturers of 3D Map Generator, I need 22.2 or earlier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment it looks like we're waiting for them to put 22.2 back on the CC for us. In the mean time you can start a conversation with a Customer Service Representative and ask them for a direct download link to version 22.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check now. Version 22.2 should be available again. 

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Sorry for the trouble. We're happy to let you know that Ps v22.2 is now available for installation in the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all very much , I'm sure everyone in the Adobe community appreciate you all resolving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install version 22 and its not available under Other Versions.  When will it be available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the release of v. 24.0, version 22.2 dropped off of the Creative Cloud app. Sorry for that inconvenience. It will be restored to the CC app on November 2, 2022; do the 'check for updates' on the 2nd in case you don't see it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate