Copy link to clipboard
BUG : Photoshop 2020 has broken support for wintab via PSUserConfig.txt !!!UseSystemStylus 0 This has worked perfectly fine up until PS 2019 - Windows ink is a steaming pile of .... and NOT a viable option. (yes, PSUserConfig.txt is in the correct settings folder in Appdata, PS just seems to ignore it) We'll revert to 2019 until this is fixed, since wintab is the only reliable solution for pressure sensitivity on Wacoms with Windows workstations. MAJOR DEALBREAKER - pls look into this asap !
Yep same issues here.
I've had to role back from 21.2.2 to 21.2.0 to be able to use the PSUserConfig. Adobe may have addressed the issue with Wacom pen pressure and not needing the PSUserConfig any longer, but this creates other issues.
1. When resizing the brush in Photoshop when using a Wacom pen and Alt+RMB on Windows 10 with Windows Ink enabled, a little "Alt" text popup shows up when resizing the brush.
2. Resizing of the brush lag when using the Alt+RMB every couple of times with Windows Ink enabled which makes it basically unusable and extremely frustrating. This issues kills my workflow as I'm constantly resizing my brush for concept art.
3. Things like browser MMB scrolling with a Wacom pen doesn't work with Windows Ink enabled.
4. All of the other little annoying idiosyncrasies of Windows Ink, feedback rings, text highlight graphics etc.
5. I just noticed I'm also unable to highlight browser text with my Wacom pen when Windows Ink is enabled, with or without Press and Hold enabled.
I don't have these issues with Zbrush, Substance Painter, Blender, Mari, or 3d Coat when Windows Ink is disabled.
I preferred having to use the PSUserConfig at this point because at least that way we could avoid all of these Windows Ink conflicts.
Adobe, please figure out a way for users to have the option to disable Windows Ink, even if it requires using the PSUserConfig.
I'll reiterate, I use 5 other software packages one of which Adobe recently acquired (Allegorithmic) regularly, all without pressure sensitivity problems and Windows Ink OFF.
Maybe I'm missing a step in Windows 10 with how to disable all of the issues I listed above with Windows Ink. I'm open to suggestions:)
Windows 10: version 2004
Wacom Driver: 6.3.40-2
Wacom Model: Intuos Pro M
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti