• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: X-Rite i1Profiler ICCv4 Profiles on macOS 11.6.x

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have stumbled into an odd bug when printing from Photoshop to an Epson P5000. I am experiencing this bug on two different Intel CPU Macs, both running Big Sur. I have tried both Photoshop 2021 and Photoshop 2022, as well as Lightroom Classic. I have deleted Photoshop preferences galore, and I have deleted and reset print systems and print queues galore. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson print drivers galore.

The issue is this: When I select an ICCv4 profile in Photoshop's profiles list, the "Print Settings…" button stops working. If I try to print anyway, the print will come out blank.

This is the case whether I created the profiles with my own i1Profiler, or with profiles I download from paper manufacturers. I have some profiles downloaded from Moab that are ICCv2 and created with basICColor and the bug is not present. I download profiles from other paper manufacturers that are ICCv4, and the bug comes back.

I create profiles with my own i1Profiler and make them ICCv4, the bug appears. I create profiles with my own i1Profiler and make them ICCv2, and the bug disappears.

If I go back to an old system running Catalina, the bug is entirely gone. I can print day in and day out with ICCv4 profiles on that old Mac.

I have stripped the Profiles folders of all printer profiles that were put there by me and not by Apple or Adobe, and this makes no difference.

Has anyone run across this? Any work-arounds?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Hi @gskibum ,

The issue has been fixed in the new BigSur update of 11.6.5 .

Hence, we request you to update OS to resolve the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop '22 my Canon Pro 100 will not print w/Photoshop Managing Colors.

I added the Canon Paper profiles to the Color Sync folder because they disappeared, now the printer dialogue

box will not show up when I click "Print Settings".  I click print and it takes the paper but just ejects it without printing?  I don't like using the Canon Print Studio plug-in, but it's currently the only way to get a decent print.  Running Big Sur 11.6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating this issue with Apple.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gskibum ,

The issue has been fixed in the new BigSur update of 11.6.5 .

Hence, we request you to update OS to resolve the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate