• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop needs system update to install (DMG & Windows)

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to install photoshop, im on windows 11 pro 23H2, i9-12900K 3.20 GHz, 3080ti, 64gbs ddr5.. I dont understand why it won't let me install. Any help would be appreciated.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That obviously doesn't make any sense and is incorrect.

Are you installing from the CC desktop app (as you should)? Is that where you're seeing that message? Please show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so i might sound dumb here but when i try to download the CC app it downloads as a .DMG file and as far as i know thats for mac? But, i was trying to download from the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. You probably just need to find the Windows installer 🙂 DMG is indeed for Mac.

You may need to be logged in to your Adobe account first. Try here: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it keeps downloading as .dmg, im not sure why. That link downloaded the .dmg file also and i dont think i signed up for the mac version and don't see a way to change it?   Can't get ahold of support either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you subscribe to Adobe CC and the apps you like, you don't specify which OS. The Creative Cloud app should detect what OS it is on and install the correct versions for that. This is something that I don't recall ever coming up in the forums. Try again by restarting your computer, uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud app, reinstall the CC app  and try again.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard of this before either. Auto-detecting the wrong OS is a new one, and the wrong platform at that.

At this point, I'd try a different web browser. That should be a clean start and you should be asked to log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you solve it? I had exactly the same problem and indeed as mentioned here, the solution was to use another browser (I had the error in Opera GX and I was able to solve it with Edge). There the CC .exe was downloaded correctly and I was able to install Photoshop from the platform. I hope it helps anyone who has the same problem. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate