• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious problem with Photoshop menus [RightFont]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a serious problem with Photoshop. Cannot access any menu. After clicking menu item, i.e. "Image" submenu appears but I cannot go any further. It flickers, disappears randomly when I move mouse pointer over it, all submenu items are greyed out. It started with Photoshop 2023 few weeks ago, after PS 2024 update it was OK for a couple of days but now it's back. PS is now basically useless. Resetting preferences, clean reinstall, trying different mouse didn't help. My setup: Mac Mini M1, Photoshop 25.0.0, Mac OS 14.0. Any help, please?

["RightFont" added to subject line by moderator to assist others who search]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am facing the same issue on MacOS; it's impossible to use Photoshop 2024 or even Photoshop Beta. The menus are flickering and cannot be accessed. I've been using MacOS Sonoma for a few days, and everything was working fine initially. However, after a few days, Photoshop became unusable. Please, can you help me?

Best

David from France, Paris

PSD2024.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petewaw 

Try resetting Preferences. If you do it manually by renaming the file, a new file will be created when you relaunch, but you can retrieve the old one if neeeded.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dpcom 

Try clicking on the Move tool "V" instead of the Gradient tool. Does it work for you now?

janee_0-1696174861903.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, but with any tool, my menus are flickering, and I have deleted my preferences on both Photoshop versions, restarted, but it doesn't solve the issue! Neither of my two Photoshop versions are functioning properly through the menus. I can only access the menus using keyboard shortcuts for now, which is not very convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dpcom 

I can think of two things to try, @dpcom:

1. Uninstall PS > Use the Cleaner tool (after reading Help) > Reinstall

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

2. Contact Adobe Customer Care, who can look at your computer to see what is going on. Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  
Type "agent"

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

Or you can also send a post through X (formerly Twitter) to @AdobeCare.

Do not reply to PMs, which are likely to be scammers.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks, but I allready did, several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (Sonoma 14.0/PS 25.0.0). It seems to be triggered by the activated fonts or in my case by the font management RightFont. If RightFont is not running or I deactivate its plugin for Photoshop, PS works normally again. At least an approach to find the final solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! RightFont it is. Disabled RF plugin solved the problem. I'll send the link to this thread to RF team. Thanks again, regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dpcom wrote: I am facing the same issue on MacOS

@dpcom , the issue is now solved for @petewaw . Since you have the same issue, is it also solved for you?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the same thing here !!!!

I just left RifghtFont and everything works again, many thanks.

All that remains is to contact RifghtFont.

Thanks a lot!

Best

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help Jane-e

Best

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kunotzka you really saved me. I had the same problem, I was going crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dpcom  wrote: Thanks a lot for your help Jane-e

All thanks go to @kunotzka who figured out that deactivating RightFont solves the menu issue!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this solution, it seems that you can keep RightFont running and just disable the auto-activation feature for Photoshop. In RightFont settings, click the green circle next to Photoshop to deactivate the feature. They are now working alongside eachother just fine. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 10.08.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOOOooohh.. Okay.. this makes sense for me.. I JUST bought RightFont at the same time I updated to Sonoma.. Everyone should make RightFont aware of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeahhhh Thanks a lot !!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

since i've updated to Mac OSX Sonoma when i go with the mouse for example to the Edit - Transform and try to reach the Flip Horizontally the submenu suddenly disappear, it flicker and then all the voices are disabled and the submenu keep flashes on.

Same problem on two different computer.

Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue and can't find a solution. Tried downgrading to v24 and v22 but they all have the same issue.

Even trying to navigate menus using the keyboard is useless as the selection keeps jumping around.

Photoshop is completely unusable. Should've known better than to upgrade to a new macOS right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the latest version v25 as well as v24 and v22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - same issue, trying to convert document to CMYK... can't access any submenus. Tried to downgrade 2023 and still had the same issue.

Was using PS 2024 (latest).

OS - Sonoma (which just released)

Please help - work to be done!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any movement with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 25 become unusable after the OS update to Sonoma. 

Adobe DO SOMETHING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines