• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious problem with Photoshop menus [RightFont]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a serious problem with Photoshop. Cannot access any menu. After clicking menu item, i.e. "Image" submenu appears but I cannot go any further. It flickers, disappears randomly when I move mouse pointer over it, all submenu items are greyed out. It started with Photoshop 2023 few weeks ago, after PS 2024 update it was OK for a couple of days but now it's back. PS is now basically useless. Resetting preferences, clean reinstall, trying different mouse didn't help. My setup: Mac Mini M1, Photoshop 25.0.0, Mac OS 14.0. Any help, please?

["RightFont" added to subject line by moderator to assist others who search]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's about years that Photoshop is not working right with OSX UI, lots of windows and dialogs positions bugs

I've just noticed that Save for web window preview now is showing a grey rectangle insted of the transparent png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, You've upgraded your OS to a version and Adobe has not released an update built with Sonoma compatibility yet. Once a new update is available most of these issues should be addressed. Lesson learned - don't update your OS until your core/needed software has a compatible release as well or you risk issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a terrible excuse.

This is exactly what the many many months of beta versions of Sonoma were supposed to be for – so that the biggest software companies can thoroughly test the most popular apps with the upcoming OS. Ironically the Photoshop version named "2024" doesn't even work properly on a 2023 operating system 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User correct about the beta but Sonoma was released two days ago - I'm certain Adobe has an update coming.

And honestly its not an excuse - I've taught my students for decades to "being on the cutting edge risks injury".  I always give a major update like Adobe or an OS at least a week or two to shake out initial bugs prior to even considering upgrading. Upgrading on day 1 has inherited risks with the OS alone but also with software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with Photoshop on my iMac 27-inch running Sonoma just updated.

When I have PS open on my main screen and the toolbar, the layers panel, and others on the other monitor The contextual menu (right-click) does not work on any of the panels. When I place the cursor on the image on the main monitor it does work. It does work on the Mac desktop and with Bridge if it is opened on the second monitor.  I have been using this setup for the last 5 years with no problem.  This is very frustrating and is slowing me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround: press ⌘-T to select the layer (Free Transform) and then you can reach the submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue may be caused by a software bug or compatibility issue with Mac OS X Sonoma. Check for system updates or contact Apple support for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing!?! Luickily I can work around most of it with shortcuts - but things like converting a doc to CMYK (which has no shortcut?) is almost impossible to navigate to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set your own shortcut for the Image -> Mode -> CMYK command in Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blinds aren't working in Photoshop 2024 after installing Apple System upgrade Sonoma 14. The drop down blind jitter and grey out, can't change RGB to CMYK in the mode menu, absolute nightmare.  I went on the phone nice chap tried to help but still not working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris b not sure what you mean by "blinds" but have you tried manually resetting your Photoshop preferences
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Remember to backup your settings before doing the preference reset
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue; could not select anything in any of the submenus and it was flashing/glitching, the generative toolbar was also glitching out. Rebooted and its fine now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes (as above) - generative toolbar glitches / flashes on and off as well. Same thing as the menus (and submenus).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Right Font - look at this thread....

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/serious-problem-with-photoshop-menus-rightfo...

That resolved my issue - not Adobe's problem by the looks of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That fixed it for me. 

Just to add to this solution, it seems that you can keep RightFont running and just disable the auto-activation feature for Photoshop. In RightFont settings, click the green circle next to Photoshop to deactivate the feature. They are now working alongside eachother just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested and working, RightFont disabled auto activation for PS solved the issue.

THX a Lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot, same problem and correct solution for me

best regards

fern'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Sonoma, the icons in the menu are blurry. This happens only in photoshop in all display resolutions, regardless if internal or external displays. In Ventura the symbols are sharpps-sonoma.pngps-ventura.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User see the above posted answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is using RightFont.  Turn off the autoactivate for Photoshop and this will fix your issues inside Photoshop with menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Rightfont's response

Capture d’écran 2023-10-06 à 10.28.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love you!! Thank you!! Saved me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines