• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

stop camera raw opening when I drop a PNG into a photoshop layered file

0 Votes
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help. After the new update.. when I drag a file into a PSD from the mac finder, Camera raw opens over the top of photoshop. I want to skip this feature... how do I turn this off?

thanks

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple of threads about this in other forums. Were these PNGs shared via MS Teams? Long shot but that seems to be a trend.

Otherwise you can try going to Preferences/File Handling and disabling the "Prefer Camera Raw" option.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1668695188669.png

Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor>Kevin Stohlmeyer<br />Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I downloaded these from Teams..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be something in Teams causing these files to change their code indicating that they are RAW not actually png files specifically.

Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor>Kevin Stohlmeyer<br />Adobe Community Expert/Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lister110 What do you have set in this dialog? (Apple menu > Preferences > Camera Raw...

JeffreyTranberry_0-1668786645125.png

Please provide a screenshot of your settings.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same problem with png files downloaded from Google Photos. I have made the 2 changes suggested in this thread (Unchecking Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for Supported Raw Files and amending JPEG Spoort to Disable JPEG Support) but still it opens .png files in Camera Raw. This has only started happening in updating to PS v24 (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you zip up a PNG (just posting png to this page may resave the file and affect the ability to reproduce) and post a URL to the zip using CC files or dropbox, or something similar to share the file.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry for delay in responding, my spam filter grabbed the notification of your request.

I have created a folder on Google drive at the link below. In it is a zip file containing 2 png files. They started out as the same file (a screenshot of my iPad homescreen). Firstly I emailed it directly to my PC - PS can open this without any problem. I then put the same file from my iPad into Google Photos and batched it up with some other files and downloaded onto my PC - when I open this from PS it opens in Camera Raw.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iqWOkDrJoMj9ig6RAs_3aXGR-tgzoKOM?usp=share_link

Thanks for your help

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate