• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 Nik Collection Not Compatible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just downloaded the new update for PS 2018 and it would appear that you can no longer re-install the Nik collection as a plug in as it is not compatible.  Anybody else noticed this yet or found a way around it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

I had the same issue.  Copying NIK from PS CC 2017 to PS CC 2018 Plugin folders didn't work for me. Saving work from Color Efx back to PS crashed PS CC 2018.  I found the problem for me was launching Color Efx from the filter menu in PS. Launching Color Efx from the Nik selective tool worked and did not crash PS. I didn't need to uninstall / reinstall or delete plist. Worked on on IMac 27 5k and MacBook Pro Retina both on High Sierra

Steps as follows:

• Copy Google plugins folder from PS 2017 to PS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I guess that the people at DxO will ad a price tag ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email, we aim to respond within two working hours, should it be urgent we can be contacted on xxx xxxx

Best Regards,

Robin Cook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Photoshop CC 2018, I couldn't get Nik Software tools to work. Even after copying over the folder to the new location. I decided to restart my machine again. There were a few more Photoshop folders and the Google folder was now moved out of the Plug-ins folder. I moved the Google folder back, started Photoshop (for the first time after rebooting) and everything worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep worked for me.  Wonder if the same principle works for LR and its update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! Worked perfectly well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wished you can give us tutorial on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a Mac i just uninstalled nik...turned off bridge and photoshop ,

then reinstalled nik... ezy pezy

[Link removed]

"Rather than a Photographer, I consider myself more of an Artist with a

Camera"

[Links removed]

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 7:07 PM, rommelt84277278 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also missed Nik after I updated to PS 2018.  Mine is not a Mac and I hope I can re-install Nik, trying the suggestions above.

See my luck ....

Janice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I have reinstall Nik but unfortunately, it does not work. Would someome know how to re-apply Nik to PS 2018 in Windows.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is funny to read here that al you need to do is the uninstal end then reinstall ??

I am on an iMac. running high Sierra and photoshop cc2018 and that procedure does NOT do the trick,

At first, I removed that photoshop file from the prefs, and the uninstall-reinstall but not all the parts of Nik are running ok.

When I try to use Silver efex pro 2, b the end, photoshop quits?

So, how about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a relief! I am working on a PC with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  It worked for me too after I followed your recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email, we aim to respond within two working hours, should it be urgent we can be contacted on xxx xxxx

Best Regards,

Robin Cook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your message. I have another problem, when I right click on a photo from LR CC Classic to edit in PS cc 2018 nothing happens and it requires a lot of trials to be able to reopen it in PS.

If you have any idea what to do I’ll be more than grateful.

All the best.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Regards,

Robin Cook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - this worked for me. Just like CC2017 - with that aggravating brush error that makes you hit the escape key twice to continue.

Wonder if the new NIK owners will ever address that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teajuice is right!  Simply copying the Google file from PhotoShop 2017 to PhotoShop 2018 does the trick.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this worked for me, too. (Moved Plug-Ins folder from PS 2017 to 2018)

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything suggested here and still no-go. I even restored an older copy from Time Machine, because it looked like once you install in PS 2018, it overwrites all of the plugins in any older version of PS. Interestingly, HDR Effects works and it seems I can still start the apps on their own and they work. Messes up the "workflow" a bit, but I'm kind of free and loose with that anyway 8-D

Well, thanks again to everyone who's posting here! Now, this is a challenge so I'm not giving up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, no matter what I do, after te plugin runs at the end it shuts down Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same in my case. I've done everything: uninstall, reinstall Nik Software, reboot Mac and it shuts down PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try deleting your application preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you teajuice.

No I didn't. And I'm afraid I don't know exactly what you mean with app preferences, sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines