• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 Nik Collection Not Compatible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just downloaded the new update for PS 2018 and it would appear that you can no longer re-install the Nik collection as a plug in as it is not compatible.  Anybody else noticed this yet or found a way around it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

I had the same issue.  Copying NIK from PS CC 2017 to PS CC 2018 Plugin folders didn't work for me. Saving work from Color Efx back to PS crashed PS CC 2018.  I found the problem for me was launching Color Efx from the filter menu in PS. Launching Color Efx from the Nik selective tool worked and did not crash PS. I didn't need to uninstall / reinstall or delete plist. Worked on on IMac 27 5k and MacBook Pro Retina both on High Sierra

Steps as follows:

• Copy Google plugins folder from PS 2017 to PS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see the image i posted in my previous reply. If you're on a Mac, It's in the Library folder of your user folder.

[user] > Library > Preferences > com.Adobe.Photoshop.plist

delete that file and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you teajuice.

I did delete that file you said and it seems to work properly now. For other users take into account that it won't work until you reboot your mac.

I'm working with High Sierra as well.

Thanks again teajuice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY! happy Nikking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again teajuice, you made my day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the problem after installing High Sierra: PS would shut down when trying to apply a Nik filter.

UNTIL I changed (in "Settings" Nik Collection) from "Apply the filtered effect to a separate layer" to "Apply the filtered effect to current layer".

Maybe/hopefully that'll sort it, when using PS CC2018 🙂

(Haven't personally installed CC 2018 yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; I'll try this. I had the problem when I updated to High Sierra as well and only updated to 2018 yesterday.

I would recommend anyone who wants to start fiddling around with Preferences as Teajuice suggests: At least backup the file you're working on . . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that preferences file won't affect your file. the worst thing it might do is reset your program's preferences back to default. Sometimes it is something simple in that file that causes issues.

but yes, always good practice to back up your work in general

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me on 2018! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this actually worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip.  I had the same problem with OS HS but not windows 10.  I changed the preferences in the NIK filter as you recommended and it now works as before.  The preferences need to be changed for each of the NIK programs a separate action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10.  Finally, Nik appears again. The "Add Control Point" is my favorite function. However, the size of the point is not adjustable and it cannot be duplicated.  I have not checked the filters yet.  Will see if I can figure out so that Nik works as before. 

Happy that I saw all these discussions.  Thank you all.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutdown LR and PS CC 2018 - uninstall Google Nik collection completely. Then download and re-install for google collection it will ask if you want to add to CC 2018 click  - download install and launch both Lr and CC and the filters should be back again.

Worked for me  iMac 27" Late 2013 OS Sierra - PS CC 2018 and LR Classic 2018

19.10.17 - DTXimages.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have just done what is mentioned above by Papsoe, indeed going into the colour efex or other filters "settings" bottom left of the screen, then "after clicking ok" change to "apply the filtered effect to the current layer". Now colour efex and all other filters are working for me.

Thanks Papsoe for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC I just copied the folder from 2017 PS to PS 2018 and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to you. I had the same problem but the following has just resolved the issue for me on a PC.

I opened window explorer and then clicked on windows c then programme files, then click on Adobe , click on Photoshop 2017 and then plug ins, where the plug ins you want to use should be.

I then opened Photoshop 2018 just below and clicked on the plug in folder.

I then dragged the folder of the Nik software from 2017 to plug ins for 2018.

I then restarted the PC and reopened Photoshop and the plug in for Nik software was there in the filter folder.

I hope this may work for you.

Happy Nikking

Mike Watson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filter itself worked for me after moving the files and restarting photoshop, BUT when applying the filter in Photoshop CC 2018 then Photoshop crashes. Every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers simples  copy from previous to present plug in works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu instalei normalmente, e está funcionando perfeitamente.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just reinstalled NIK collection and sorted out the problem. I can now use the nik software in photoshop CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uninstall it and reinstall but it seems that Silver Efex isn't working. It seems that I'll go back to 2017 version just to use Silver Efex. Windows PC user here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think just redo the procedure uninstall and the reinstall

[Links removed]

"Rather than a Photographer, I consider myself more of an Artist with a

Camera"

[Links removed]

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM, MarlonMalabuyoc <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines