• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Menus greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2019.  When I choose edit in Photoshop from Lightroom all the items in Photoshop under every menu are greyed out.  I first thought it was an image mode type issue but that is greyed out also.  All default external editor settings in Lightroom.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem : most menu items inactive, contextual menus displaying but items unselectable, even Layer Mask button didn't work.

Iara70806652's suggestion of disabling the Welcome Screen seems to work for me too! For now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the startup home screen as well as unclicked Prefer Adobe Camera RAW for Supported Files solved this for me.  Not sure if I had only disabled the startup home screen would work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! Disabling the home screen worked for me. Hours wasted trying to figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the welcome screen worked for me too! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I was pulling my hair out!!

As previously mentioned, disabling the home screen worked!

Thanks guys!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My home screen in Photoshop is already disabled and I have the same problems I reported at the outset of this discussion.  Have just installed latest updates for Photoshop and Lightroom and problems still exist.  In addition, the Nik filters Selective Tool has shrunk.  Does anyone know of a way to expand the Selective Tool, please?  I have, of course, tried File - Automate without success.  Nik filters are still greyed out under Filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating! Looks like a bug. Mine worked fine till today. I've only done this once but it seems to make things work... open Photoshop first, then open Lightroom and try edit in Photoshop. Hope this get fixed real soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dissabling home screen did not work for me.

On a separate note:  Bugs like this are now prevalent through the whole creative suite.  Its not good enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re right. Photoshop is now working for me. No idea what I’m doing differently, if anything. But Lightroom CC is now in refuse mode. How do they get away with this?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now CC won't launch at all! This is by far the most buggy software I've used for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me when I try to use ctrl + to zoom in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems with grayed out menus. Has there been a resolution to this issue? I have upgraded and it is still not working. In fact, it seems to be more frequent. As of this writing, I cannot get PS to work at all. On a deadline here. Even working on Christmas morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find ps works ok so long as you don't involve lightroom. Cc is a real mess.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 at 16:24, vivianw72391463<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

2019 Menus greyed out

created by vivianw72391463 in Photoshop - View the full discussion

I am also having problems with grayed out menus. Has there been a resolution to this issue? I have upgraded and it is still not working. In fact, it seems to be more frequent. As of this writing, I cannot get PS to work at all. On a deadline here. Even working on Christmas morning.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833289#10833289 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833289#10833289

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that and it works. Thank you. Merry Christmas. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sigh> If you'd all just read the thread before posting...

Disable the home screen in preferences (or have Photoshop open first).

It's a known, officially acknowledged bug that will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the menu options are greyed out no matter what I do or how I open photoshop, via LR or directly.

Basically PS is unusable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the thread D Fosse, you'd see that fix doesn't work for everyone.

For me, none of the "Fixes" work, I've gone back to a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution that works for me which is easy and quick, but weird!  I have Windows 10 on a desktop PC, Adobe cc and PS 2019 (20.01) all up to date.  I have Light Room but never use it.  My images are in Bridge.  I film in RAW.

This works for me: 1)  Open RAW image from Bridge into RAW, Work on it then click on 'Open Image' to open it in Photoshop. 

2) You cannot work on it yet but you can click 'File' menu and click 'Save As' and save it as a tiff file.

3)  Close the file.

4)  Re-open the file and it will be back behaving normally for you to work on.  Even allows me to to press  CTRL + J to get a duplicate layer and to use DxO NIK Collection as usual.

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron, do you mean reopening the RAW or the TIFF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, I mean re-open the tiff file which you have just closed. It seems that the closing and then re-opening of it does the trick. Very weird!

Ron L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron, but then although TIFF is better than JPEG, it is not RAW.

Hope Adobe would fix this problem soon once and for all.

James. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry about that. I did read the posts, but I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that more people made comments about the problems, the more Adobe would take head.

I did try going directly to PS, not through LR and it did work. I have only tried that once however. It is frustrating to have a project and constantly have this major issue.

Thank you for taking the time out to respond.

Vivi Wyngaarden

Vivi Wyngaarden

....because in photography, you don't shoot from the hip!

Vivi Wyngaarden Photography, LLC

www.vivi-wyngaarden.squarespace.com

email: vivi.wyngaarden@cox.net

714 649-2127 714 742-2237

#ViviWyngaarden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn't work for everyone. Me, for example. Not opening ps from within lightroom does work however. 

Cheers

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 at 8:58, D Fosse<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

2019 Menus greyed out

created by D Fosse in Photoshop - View the full discussion

<sigh> If you'd all just read the thread before posting...

Disable the home screen in preferences (or have Photoshop open first).

It's a known, officially acknowledged bug that will be fixed.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833857#10833857 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833857#10833857

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katie, how precisely do you open files then? From Bridge?

In that case, does having Photoshop open first and/or disabling the home screen make a difference? Please report back, this is potentially very useful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines