• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5DSr - How to Set Color Profile?

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2 5DSr's are showing "UNTAGGED" in the Metadata Adobe Bridge 2023vlatest 15.04.777.

I am having a small sharpness problem and my 90D and 5DSr's show "untagged" in the right panel whn a file is selected in Bridge.

Yet other bodies, 1Dx...show Adobe.

Where do I find the list to select from?

Thanks!5DSr.JPG5DSr-2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of a .CR3 file that says “Adobe” (or do you mean “Adobe RGB”)?

Because if this is about raw files, the correct color space for a raw file is “Untagged” because by definition, a raw file cannot have a color space yet. (A raw file’s preview can have a color space, which is what a camera’s color space typically sets when shooting raw.)

So if you saw some in Bridge with the Color Profile set to “Adobe RGB” they might be photos from those cameras that were converted to a non-raw format such as JPEG, Photoshop, or TIFF.

Where do I find the list to select from?

By @DanPBPhoto

If you mean a list of color profiles that can be applied to a photo, Bridge has never offered that. There are ways to do color space conversions in Bridge, but they are always just that…conversions, when processing to a different format.

You can choose a color profile when a photo is loaded into Adobe Camera Raw, by clicking the underlined Workflow Settings text at the bottom of the Camera Raw window as shown below. But again, that does not change the color space of the raw file, it only sets the color space of the next non-raw copy, if you have Camera Raw make one.

Camera-Raw-Workflow-Settings-over-Bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

No my 1DX has just Adobe next to the "Color Profile". I will post an image.

I believe you answered my question about a raw file being "unassigned". That would explain it.

Again thanks!

I will post that 1Dx CR image with metadata later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks see response above. I will post that metadata later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see a color space indicated in Bridge, it's not a raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! Note taken! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bare with me here. Not a "biggie" but I have to copy and save that CR3 1Dx file from 1 computer to another 1st. It is ther BUT I also see many CR2 RAW files in other folders sating "Untagged".

You have the "title" of "Community Expert". I am just asking a question, however minor it may be to you/"repliers". And I don't mean that reamrk to be disrespectful. It is NOT!

I don't know the answer to my question hence my post. I thank all that reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havespent hours looking for that 1 file. To no avail.

Yes the 1Dx does show "UNTAGGED" as shown.

Sorry I somehow got things confused. I apologize for wasting your time but I did learn theory I never knew before from your posts. So that accomplished me learning something.

Thanks!Meta.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem 🙂 We all get things mixed up from time to time. That's when internet forums come in handy 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines