• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A photo not opening by double clicking in Bridge 2024?

Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I installed yesterday the latest PS and Bridge (2024). Now, I cannot open a photo in PS by double clicking it in Bridge. It opens through cntrl-clicking. Is there a bug? Regards, Tuomas

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Two things to try:

First check your File Associations in Bridge. Here's a video that will explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FqukMTebHA

Try a reset: Close Bridge, hold down the Cmd and Opt keys at the same time and launch Bridge to get the Reset dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any response at all when you double click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try:

First check your File Associations in Bridge. Here's a video that will explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FqukMTebHA

Try a reset: Close Bridge, hold down the Cmd and Opt keys at the same time and launch Bridge to get the Reset dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me. I couldn't open any Canon Raw files by clicking and pressing ENTER; double clicking; right click and open.

It was because since I imported my previous settings from the earlier version of BRIDGE 2023, it still had selected "Open .CR, .CR2, .CR3 files with PHOTOSHOP 2023", I just updated to open them with PHOTOSHOP 2024 and now it's as normal as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it did. Kind of unusual for the new update to not carry the file associations over, but glad that saved you a lot of time. Thanks for reporting back. It might help someone else in your situation.  I notice the Canon file associations point to 2024 in my upgrade, but I decided to get a fresh start and not import the old settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case that doesn't work, as the problem appears to be related to permissions. I noticed that I was not included to have rights (myself not in the list and for eveyone only right to read), and it seems that I'm not included (almost) anywhere! All comments welcome, as how to get all them repaired! I also get searching for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Now Br works, after another reset and reboot! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely, I'm making a fool of myself - or there is something mysterious with Bridge: Now, when I've just been working with PS for a while, I see that the shortcuts I had created previously in Bridge are now vanished!!! Does Bridge have some inner life which I (as a human) cannot see???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually assign Bridge full disk access as shown here:

It may clear up some problems. If you need more help, the Bridge forums are here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/ct-p/ct-bridge?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&lang=all&...

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 10.00.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're experiencing issues with opening a photo by double-clicking in Adobe Bridge 2024, there are a few potential solutions you can try:

1. Check Default Applications: Ensure that the default application for opening images is set correctly on your system. Right-click on the image file, select "Open With," and choose the appropriate application (e.g., Photoshop, Preview, etc.). You can also set the default application for opening image files in your system preferences or settings.

2. Adobe Bridge Preferences: Check the preferences within Adobe Bridge. Go to Edit (on Windows) or Adobe Bridge (on Mac), then choose Preferences. In the "File Type Associations" or "General" section, confirm that the file types you're trying to open are associated with the desired applications.

3. Reset Preferences: Sometimes, preferences or settings within Adobe Bridge can become corrupted, causing issues with file opening. Try resetting preferences by holding down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys (Windows) or Cmd + Option + Shift keys (Mac) immediately after launching Bridge. You'll be prompted to reset preferences.

4. Update Adobe Bridge: Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Bridge installed. Check for updates within the Creative Cloud application and install any available updates for Bridge.

5. Reinstall Adobe Bridge: If the issue persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Bridge. This can sometimes resolve software-related issues.

6. Check File Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access and open the image files. If the files are stored on an external drive or network location, check the permissions on those drives or folders.

If none of these solutions solve the issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Adobe Support for further assistance or troubleshooting steps tailored to your specific situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines