Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acquire Suite

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have written the function below to display Browse folder dialog to selecte a folder and using it in automationFilter plugin. It is working well and nice in window but when i 'am trying to do this on m ac snow leopad, the project compiles but when i am trying to debug it's giving EXC_BAD_ACCESS.

As when the AcquireSuite suite function gets execute sADMBasicSuite varible is not filled with the required value and remains 0x0(NULL). I am not geting why this   function is not getting executed properly. 

How could i trace this error ???

string SelectExportPath(void)
{
    string exportPath;
    SPPlatformFileSpecification outResult = {0,0,NULL};
    SPErr err;
    ADMBasicSuite8 *sADMBasicSuite = NULL;
    err = sSPBasic -> AcquireSuite(kADMBasicSuite, kADMBasicSuiteVersion8, (const void**)&sADMBasicSuite);
    if(sADMBasicSuite -> StandardGetDirectoryDialogW((ADMUnicode*)L"Select a folder...", NULL, &outResult) == true) {
        //exportPath.assign(outResult.path);    // commented for mac only as for now
    }

return exportPath;
}

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking Mac OS CS5 x 64 here? Remember that there is no more ADM on this platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and we've been saying not to use ADM for a while now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what alternatives are there for the same bhaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But mine is Mac OS CS5 x 86 .

still its not working?? any suggesstion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure? By default, PS is running in x64 mode if the platform supports it - you've to _explicitly_ run it in 32 bit mode if so you want. In any case, don't bother going this path - as Chris said, ADM is dead for all practical purposes and you have to either write platform-specific GUI or use other third-party crossplatform toolkits (we use Qt, for instance). See here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines