• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action disappeared after a restart

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea if photoshop has a backup system where my actions are synced? I did a restart and my actions suddenly disappeared out of nowhere.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Xuanx 

If you saved the Set that the action was in, you can Reload it from the Actions panel menu.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Xuanx 

One should manually save out each action set "folder" individually to an .atn file using the menu on the upper right of the action panel. Unsaved action sets are temporarily stored in the Actions Palette presets file (Actions Palette.psp). This file should be considered temporary and may be subject to corruption or loss, which is why making an explicit save to .atn file for each individual action set is strongly advised. 

If you have a system backup from before the files were lost, it might be possible to recover them using the Actions Palette.psp file.

More here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines