• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Limit Error on Same Device

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this problem for nearly a year.  I use Adobe Applications on 2 computers, one at home one at the office. Both Windows 10 PCs I built.

One of PCs (Hostname: LD-HOME) does not release activation when rebooted. Every time after reboot I start Photoshp (or any other Adobe App) I get error "You've Reached Your Device Activation Limit"

You can see in the screenshot below that it shows 3 devices, 2 of which are the same "LD-HOME" (This Device is LD-HOME).
I spoke to 3 different support agents and all they can tell me is to deactivate computer via https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices
This obviously works... until next reboot.

I've already checked "Credential Manager" service and it's running.
adobe activaton limit.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

@bratan007 I fiddled some switches on the back end. Are you still having the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bratan007 I fiddled some switches on the back end. Are you still having the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey, you are a hero! Whatever you did on backend seem to fix the problem. I was asked once to sign in again, but no more activation limit screen! Rebooted PC, and it works after reboot, doesn't even ask for sign in anymore. Thank yoiu so much you made my day! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish someone at Adobe would deal with my issue which is exactly the same but being ignored.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/activation-limit-error-on-same-device-every-morni...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this issue. Is there a way to avoid this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like bratan, but even more puzzling.  I have one computer with one copy of Photoshop loaded on it, which fails with the same type of error if I try to run it.

According to the error message, I need to sign out of one of these devices:

"This device" is not activated, "My desktop" was last launched 3 years ago, "My desktop" was last launched 6 hours ago.

I wouldn't know how/where to sign out and what would happen then.

I didn't know I could have 2 copies of Photoshop running from one licence. I shall have to buy another computer to justify this error prone purchase. But I have just fitted a new SSD disc to act as a faster scratch file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines