• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Added too many adjustment layers(?) now can't edit whole image anymore???

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I am fairly new at Photoshop. So I open an image in photoshop and start editing using layers, I added a few adjustment layers but now I can't edit the whole image anymore.

I know that might not be clear so in more detail, so working on a background copy I did some skin retouching, then I used a few adjustment layers (curves, vibrance etc) but now I want to go back and touch up the eyes and I can't do it.

Do I have to do all of the retouching first and then do adjustment layers or is there a way to carry on editing the whole image after?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Hi,

As marliton has already mentioned, you can make edits to the original layer (should rasterise for retouching).

However, if you wish to make edits on the final image that has been made, here's a quick shortcut for that:

Ctrl + Shift + Alt + E (Windows)

Command + Shift + Alt + E (Mac)

It will create a new layer of the image with adjustments on which you can do further editing. Also, don't forget to bring this layer to the top.

Have a nice day,

Eashan Misra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. If you have used adjustment layers you can edit the "pixels layer" or background layer anytime, you just need to select it first. Maybe is easier see the effect of edit the background layer if you hide all adjustment layers first.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I just have to have the pixel layers below the adjustment layers then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The adjustment layers just affect layers below it, so yes the "pixels layer" must be bellow.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As marliton has already mentioned, you can make edits to the original layer (should rasterise for retouching).

However, if you wish to make edits on the final image that has been made, here's a quick shortcut for that:

Ctrl + Shift + Alt + E (Windows)

Command + Shift + Alt + E (Mac)

It will create a new layer of the image with adjustments on which you can do further editing. Also, don't forget to bring this layer to the top.

Have a nice day,

Eashan Misra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, you're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines