Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a plugin to an action

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a lot of files that I would like to use a plugin on.   I'm trying to have the plugin run upon start up of photoshop.  Is there a way to script this (im not familiar with scripting)  or add the plugin to an action?  When I try to record the action of the plugin, there is nothing recorded by the action bar. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to reach out to the Plugin developer to add action support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can new UXP plugins developers add actions support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh. I was thinking C++ plug-ins. UXP is pretty new - and doesn't have action support through its API. It's in the works I believe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the plug-in can't be recorded in an action, then scripting will have the same limitation... Is it possible to use the "insert menu item..." command in the action panel to at least run the plug-in (even if settings can't be recorded)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would the plug-in do when Photoshop is started and is not processing any documents.? Why do you want the run the plug-in when there are no image document being processed in Photoshop?  Using an  Open Document event handler to run the plug-in after Photoshop open a document would seem to be more approbeate.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines