• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding and subtracting with brush tool

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im fairly new to photoshop so this might be obvious. I cant add or subtract to the layer mask with the brush tool becuse I selected the color picker option. How to I change it back? I have a midterm project due tonight for my photoshop class and I cant move on until I fix this..:0

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the following video hope it helps you or try to reset your photoshop from preferences..regards

https://youtu.be/NxxPUKrKcmE

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what your problem is? You can reset colors to default using keyboard shortcut D. Another problem that can occur to not see changes (add or subtract) is because you have set wrong blending mode for Brush or Opacity is set to 0% what is common because it can be done using keyboard shortcuts 0-9 without ralizing.

There are and Mask Properties like Density which can cause changes to not show on screen.

Lastly, ensure that you are painting with Brush tool.

painting with brush.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you mean that you cannot switch back to the brush tool by clicking on its icon, or using the B shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel sure you have fixed your problem with seven hours since you posted, but what occurred to me was that you might have the layer selected and not the mask.  With the mask selected (it has the white outline) the foreground and background colours are automatically changed to black and white.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines