• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding bleeds to an outlined photo

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in need of adding a bleed or extending an image that is going to be die cut. I would like to extend the image to avoid any white background from showing though. The die-cut image is varied in color and in shape. Think a life-size cut-out of a supr hero. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the image is more like a comic/graphic than photorealistic, then the easier the process. Even more so if it is outlined in a solid black or white or another coloured stroke.

Here I selected the hero on the white background, contracted the selection 1px, inverted the selection and then used Filter > Other > Minimum:

superbleed.png

Of course, your image may not be as easy and other methods may be required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephan,

I appreciate the effort, but I'me talking photo vs. vector. I think I found a way. I made a copy of the layer, I took the outline and made a selection, expanded the selection, and then did a Content Aware Fill. It basically took all the color along the edges and "Grew" them. Seemed to work well for my purposes. See attached. The blue line indicated the original edge of the photo as well as the die-line. Very little touch-up after the initial process. Literally took moments, once I figured it out.Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 2.23.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines