• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Lines and text to an image

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! A demand has arisen here at work, and I would really appreciate your help.
We received a jpeg and a txt file (JPEG) from the client, and we need to put the dimensions  of the products (which are in the text file "dimensions.txt") in the image. Is there any way to automate this process? Or at least part of it? There are lots of images and the manual process is very time consuming.
The text file and the JPEG come in the same folder, with the product name. If necessary, we can change the formatting of the text file, or use some other file type.
All images have the same size and resolution.

txt file:
txt.jpg
JPEG File:
sreceived.jpg
Final:
sdimensions.jpg

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/c48ffca5/specs
not sure if you could contact its creator to have it get the data from .CSV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer @PECourtejoie!
We tested the plugin and it didn't work as we needed, even adjusting the settings. Many layers and groups are created, making any further adjustments difficult, so we don't save much time. Even contacting the creator, there would be many modifications besides reading the csv.
I'll do some research and wait if anyone else has any ideas.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know about variables?

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

It allows to use data from a spreadsheet, and input it in Photoshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PYu9dsaE5I

This way you could automate the text placement. If you input arrows in a default location, and the data next to it, you'd just need to move the groups to the correct location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup. I've already tested with the variables, but I found it more complicated and time consuming to apply them than putting the values manually, since each image is different and each one comes with a file with the respective measurements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines