• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Camera RAW and a dark grayscale background

Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, when I double-click a RAW file within the Bridge to open in ACR, is the background light gray and the panels are light gray ...

BUT ...

When I choose a RAW file and press CMD+R to open ACR, the background is dark gray and the panels are nearly black.

I don't see anywhere to adjust preferences for such a thing. Indeed, I have never noticed this in past versions of ACR.

What is going on? Any insights would be appreciated!!!

Mike Witherell in Washington, DC

Mike Witherell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike! Long time no see...

I just had to download and install the newest version of ACR - for some bizarre reason I was opening version 8.0 in PS as a filter, but a later version in Bridge. I have upgraded to 9.8 and all is well...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

Nice to hear from you, too!

But have you provided an answer?

In my scenario, it is opening version 9.8 either way. But the color scheme is different on the two ways into the same ACR 9.8 module.

Where are the prefs for this?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't find prefs to change the interface color for ACR - I don't think you can.

I did a couple of tests - if I change the interface color in Photoshop - using ACR as a filter will match my interface color.

If I change my interface color in Bridge - ACR still opens in the dark interface.

Still doesn't answer your question, but interesting observation.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines