• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Capture Brush download?

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created a brush in adobe capture, how can i get it to appear in photoshop? cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turns out, looks like you cant even though its an abr file, whos daft idea was that? lol , in PS it says “this brush isnt compatible in photoshop”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to - check out the FAQ about Capture and brushes:

Learn how to create and edit brushes, colors, shapes, and patterns using Capture. Learn how to creat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting Photoshop from the Capture, rather than Illustrator or Sketch? Personally, I sure wish we could use Sketch brushes in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making sure you perform this step first?

When you create a brush in capture, the first step after capturing the image is to choose the brush style. There are three sections of styles - one set each for Photoshop Sketch, Photoshop CC, and Illustrator. You’ll need to choose a brush type for one of the applications specifically at this point, and then you’re locked in.

You our can always use the same image to create additional brushes for the different applications, but each app has its own brush type.

Adobe Capture Brush Help

So select the Style Tab and at the bottom "Photoshop CC" before saving.

Screenshot_20181228-114603_Adobe Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what Gene said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created the brush, in adobe capture, then i went to my libraries in Ps, the brush is there but you get “this brush is not compatible with photoshop” which in fairness is daft as its a normal brush file type...

in the end i dont need to use the brush, but the odd reason you cant makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no worries, didnt need it in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well save the answers. Knowing what to do the next time will spare you some headaches. Also mark the answers as helpful or correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why don't my capture brushes, made on an android, not work in illustrator when I open the library. They're all greyed out - what's the point of making them when you can't use them in illustrator?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updated answer to this question. To use in Photoshop, make sure "pixels" is selected near the bottom and not vector. Vector=Illustrator, not photoshop. Also, stay out of the "fresco" brush styles. It appears those aren't compatible in photoshop either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines