Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2015 - GuideGuide Extension

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone !

I have a question for you. I would like to install GuideGuide extension, but I can't find the path to install the extension : Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/
I do not have the CEP folder on my computer. Was it replaced by something else ? (By the way, I'm working on OSX) Is there another way to install this extension ?

Thank you in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full path is /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/  You can get to it by copying and pasting this path in Go > Go to Folder in your Finder menu.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer !

I forgot the first elements of the path.

With go > go to folder  it takes me to the right folder, but when I copy the new Guide Guide folder, it doesn't work, the extension is not available on photoshop cc 2015 after.

And when I try to find the path without Go > Go to folder the folder doesn't even exist, it's really weird !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue!

But when i go to the CEP folder the only thing that is in it is a "cache" folder. There is no extensions folder.

Any ideas on what to do next if there is no extensions folder!?

Really hoping I can get this figured out, I love guideguide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because some OSX folders are hidden by default. http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-in-mac-os-x-finder-3520878/

Go > Go to is just one way to see them.

You might need to go to guideguide support and see why it isn't being picked up by CC2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Were you using Cameron's excellent instructions? GuideGuide

I need to check on why you might be missing directories. Have you ever had Extension Manager CC installed on these machines?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot for answering !

I used the instructions. Actually Guide Guide was working very well on CC 2014. I just have this problem on CC 2015.  Extension Mangager is installed, but is there any update to do for CC 2015 ?

Regard,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed one subtlety in the instructions that may be throwing things off.

When you unzip the GuideGuide package, make sure to browse into the directories and only copy the GuideGuide directory that is next to the readme.txt.

There's nothing that needs updating with Extension Manager CC for the Ps 2015 version.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, so this talk about Extension Manager CC being "deprecated" or no longer supported is very incorrect?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extension Manager deprecated ?

What if you, because you didn't check, installed CC-2015 which override CC-2014 and extension manager is no longer listed all the extensions you had installed for CC-2014, can you get a back log of what was installed for CC-2014 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should still be listed in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since there is no Extension Manager CC update, I'm not sure that any of the extensions should have been removed (unless you had extensions installed into the desktop apps location). Have you tried to reinstall the 2014 version and see if the extensions load in that version? Some of Extensions need updating so that they will load in newer desktop app versions, which might be what you're seeing.

regads,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene,

That's a bigger topic than the OP here focused on getting GuideGuide working in Ps CC 2015. 😉

But to answer you bigger question, Extension Manager is indeed no longer being updated or maintained for compatibility past the 2014 CC versions: See here for more info:Adobe Exchange

Davide Barranca has graciously also posted this for developers and others to help troubleshoot issues: http://www.davidebarranca.com/2015/06/html-panel-tips-17-cc2015-survival-guide/

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. I don't want to be passing around incorrect or outdated information to anyone.

Even better to have citations, (except the traffic kind ).

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG - I'll try those tips as well Giordano links I read that excerpt you posted Giordano, yesterday When I noticed my extensions were not listed in my layout, all that info went to the sea in my head

Sorry Meghan, your thread left a door open that related to a problem I, and maybe others were or are, or may have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is very simple! Until PS CS6 the interface was working in Flash from PS Cc > forward works in HTML 5, therefore, not all the old extensions 3th parts can be imported ... they have to be checked one by one and upgrade to the latest version, but there's nothing that we can recommend to do in PS ... Depend on the extension itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GuideGuide CC version, along with several other HTML5 coded extensions, were working fine in 2014.2.2 Giordano.  I _thought_ I saw the Extension Manager update when I turned on the computer today, but the Application Manager does not show it in the update history.  Perhaps there is an EM update in the wings that will fix things.

BTW to the OP, the new with 2014 'New Guides Layout' tool is probably a bit better than GuideGuide.  I was using both, but tending towards the native tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SG - I re-installed CC-2014 and I was able to clearly see which extensions did not translate over to CC-2015.

Since Adobe is EOL Extension Manager, after re-installing CC-2014 I still have to update extensions for CC-2015 though extension manager, I assume extension developers have to catch up to update their extensions though the creative cloud program ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher,

Do you see the extensions in this directory?

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions (Mac)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\ (Win)

Or are they in the 2014 application directory? If they are here, can you try copying them over to the directories above? If they still don't load, then the extension developers need to update the manifest so they will load in the newer major version.

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

I'm on Win 7 x64  and i can't find the CEP folder. It's not in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\" folder

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two CEP folders, one is for 32-bit extensions, you have to try both !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were none. In neither of the "Program Files" folders. But I solved it. You need to create them (the CEP & extension folders) if they aren't there, then copy the extension inside.

But thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meghan,

read this from Photoshop guide: 2015 release of Photoshop CC: FAQ

Do I have to reinstall my 3rd party plug-ins & extension panels after I update to Photoshop CC (2105)?

Yes. Because the Photoshop CC (version 2015.0)  is a major version update it will install completely separately from the current version of Photoshop CC (version 2014.x)  and have a separate plug-ins folder. To install your 3rd party plug-ins for Photoshop CC (2015):

DO:

• Only use the plug-in manufacturer’s installer to install their plug-ins
    • Always check the plug-in manufacturer’s website for the latest version of your plug-in

DO NOT:

• Do not manually drag plug-ins from a previous version of Photoshop’s plug-ins folder to a newer version of Photoshop’s ‘Plug-Ins’ folder

If you encounter unexplained problems or crashes in Photoshop, use the following documents to determine if plug-ins are the problem:

If you have extension panels installed from Adobe Add-Ons, compatible panels will automatically be installed on your system (as long as sync is enabled in the Creative Cloud desktop app).If you have extension panels installed directly through Extensions Manager, those panels will need to be reinstalled via the original extension installer from the author.

• Note: When you uninstall prior versions, it does not uninstall 3rd party plug-ins installed for prior versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its in your "Library tab".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full Path:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines