Exit

Adobe EMailer Extension (Thunderbird)

Guide ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on another forum for Photoshop:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/863869?

Refer to that thread but can anyone help me take the Emailer Extension and get it to work with Thunderbird.

I understand nothing about scripting so I need help!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

I have installed Thunderbird just to do a test for you.

Install the AdobeEmailer and change the emailer.sendMailViaWindowsScriptHost function in Adobe EMailer.jsx  to:-

Please check what folder Thunderbird is installed in as you may have to amend the code to suit...

N.B. On Windows 7 64 bit systems you have to change both Adobe EMailer.jsx scripts in the following folders:-

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\Adobe Emailer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Thunderbird just to do a test for you.

Install the AdobeEmailer and change the emailer.sendMailViaWindowsScriptHost function in Adobe EMailer.jsx  to:-

Please check what folder Thunderbird is installed in as you may have to amend the code to suit...

N.B. On Windows 7 64 bit systems you have to change both Adobe EMailer.jsx scripts in the following folders:-

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\Adobe Emailer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Panels\Adobe Emailer

emailer.sendMailViaWindowsScriptHost = function(messageConfig){
var thunder = new File("/c/Program Files (x86)/Mozilla Thunderbird/Thunderbird.exe");
if(!thunder.exists){
  alert("Unable to find Thunderbird\rYou will need to modify Line 268 of Adobe Emailer.jsx\rand correct the path");
  return;
    }
var cmd ="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Thunderbird\\Thunderbird\" -compose attachment='"
for (var i = 0; i < messageConfig.filesToAttach.length; i++) {
cmd += File( messageConfig.filesToAttach).fsName;
if(i < messageConfig.filesToAttach.length-1) cmd += ",";
var f = new File(Folder.desktop +  "/detail.txt");
}
cmd += "'"
app.system(cmd);
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Thank You! THANK YOU!

It Works!

You are my hero!

Here is your favorite candy bar =>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your code and it did not work at all. However I know your good and it was reported that your code worked.  I made the change using wordpad. I then edited the original jsx file again this time using the Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5 made the same changes and saved it. This time it worked.  Seems the scripts for panels must be edited and saved with Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5 ????

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The choice of editor is very important, it needs to be an editor that produces plain text, Wordpad and Word will embed control characters into the output file and stop it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wordpad saves files as Rich Text Format by default. So the file will have the extra control characters Paul spoke about. However you can use Wordpad or any other text editor that supports plain text. When you use Wordpad just make sure you change the save type to plain text in the save dialog. Wordpad will warn that you will lose formatting with text format but it does save as plain text. And at least with the Windows XP version of Wordpad there is an option to always save as plain text so you can even avoid that warning dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats great to see that support for Thunderbird was added (and for Outlook Express)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines