• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GC Invoker Utility

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a valid program? It is in the C:/Programs Files(x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. (win 7 64bit) I found it in my startup tab, unchecked it yesterday, moved it out of my C Drive, and it is back this morning.

Thanks,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Yes, it is legitimate. You can read in the thread I linked below where Adobe staffer David explains as follows:

David (Adobe staff) wrote:

The AdobeGCClient.exe is a process that runs as part of the Adobe Software Integrity Service validation testing, which checks for any tampering with Adobe Software program files or improper or invalid license.

Here's the thread:

What is AdobeGCClient.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Download CCleaner from here

Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Install and go to Tools > Startup and you should be able to right click on the process and delete it from there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I agree, some Adobe startup items is also crashing my file explorer, I cannot even create an empty folder  - not sure if it is because I've actually started using Creative Cloud for backups now and use more space than I normally do. There is an annoying flickering of my desktop (icons / taskbar appears and disappears). All of these do not occur when I disable Adobe Systems Inc startup items like GC Invoker Utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe was ever an awesome company. They bought awesome companies and then ruined them in pursuit of maximal profits. Adobe is an investment company. Its leadership doesn't actually care about the quality of their software beyond how it affects their market share. They're all business types--they don't even use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do i have over 50 of this processes running on my mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen my computer switches on (I assume out of hibernate) I have over a hundred of these processes and it kills the ability to use the computer until they either disappear (takes 30 mins plus) or I manually terminate each process. What is going on and how do I stop this happening???

gc invoker.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a cracked vestion of Adobe has been instaled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.. it is a clean install of windows 10 and have full creative suite subscription. 

For some reason, Adobe had created hundreds of scheduled tasks to run GC Invoker, which promptly ran and killed the computer each time. Removing those scheduled tasks solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus Adobe what are you doing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, after an update last month Creative Cloud and agcinvokerutility started loading hundreds of times on my Windows 10 PC, completely locking it up. I use Bitdefender virus protection and my PC appears clean. In an attempt to regain control of the PC I used task manager to close hundreds of agcinvokerutility.exe tasks as well as Creative Cloud. It is extremely time consuming to close hundreds of tasks but once completed I used the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool uninstall app to remove Creative Cloud and reinstalled. I also disabled agcinvokerutility.exe and Creative Cloud in task manager start up and configsys and later renamed the exe file. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem, nothing I have tried will prevent agcinvokerutility.exe from launching hundreds of times or CC launching dozens of times and can no longer use my PC without running the command window and "taskkill /im agcinvokerutility.exe /f"  .  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Topics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bpv @riazk5775772

Same probleme here.

Do you have any new information to share about this?

Adobe ... pffffffffffffff .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no reply or support from Adobe, a workaround solution if you can gain access to your computer long enough to run a batch file is to copy and paste the following in Notepad and save as a .bat extension, then put the link on your desktop, if your PC allows a few seconds to move the mouse cursor to the link, click on it, hit the space bar, and it will kill all the running agcinvokerutility tasks quickly:

Pause

taskkill /im agcinvokerutility.exe /f

Pause

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sadly no reply or support from Adobe"

Hi

This is a user to user so you're not really addressing Adobe here, for issues like this you would be better posting on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent almost 2 hours with at very service minded Adobe support person, trying to find the reason behind this mess. We failed. I urged him to file a bug report. Not sure, he seemed hesitant. Seems they are not allowed to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent my first message to Adobe support about 4 weeks ago, the second one about 2 weeks ago...sadly no response from Adobe. Fortunately, members of this forum did contribute useful ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea @bpv.

But i "resolved" in another way, it seems.

The file AGCInvokerUtility.exe is located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient

I move that file in a temp folder that i created myself, such as here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\Temp Created Manual

Since then i have no problems anymore. It seems Adobe can't detect that folder and therefore won't use "Adobe CG Invoker utility.exe" anymore. Of course the Process is no more to find in Task Manager.

But there is still an unanswered question ... what is for AGCInvokerUtility.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried renaming the agcinvokerutility.exe file and eventually deleted it but the first time I checked for updates the process starting loading more than a hundred times again. Perhaps there is more than one copy of the file on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bpv,

I use Bitdefender as well & it blocked this application with the option for me to allow it. After searching for more info on the application, I ended up here. After reading all the posts up to yours I've learned that I don't know a damn thing about computers, software, applications, etc. I'm afraid if I don't allow the agcinvokerutility.exe application, I'll find some time down the road it was extremely necessary & if I do allow it, that will cause more problems than I can handle. I'm getting mixed messages about this application here. Some say it's harmless, others say hell ya it is. Do you have any useful, laymen terms advice for a computer idiot? Is it a necessary application for someone who almost never uses Adobe? Thx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines