Exit

Adobe now requires the Right to Acces your work

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out. 

[Link removed - see community guidelines on misleading information]

"Our automated systems may analyze your Content and Creative Cloud Customer Fonts (defined in section 3.10 (Creative Cloud Customer Fonts) below) using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our Services and Software and the user experience. Information on how Adobe uses machine learning can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/go/machine_learning."

You cannot opt out of allowing them to access your work anymore... So basically by using this software, you're allowing their ai tool to possibly generate in the same style of your work. Even ND and copyrighted conent.

Adobe, would you like to respond?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , iPadOS , macOS , SDK , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Adobe has posted updated Terms with explainers:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

and responses from an interview with Scott Belsky:

https://petapixel.com/2024/06/18/adobes-terms-of-use-controversy-provided-an-opportunity-to-improve/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responding to misinformation, misunderstandings, and outright lies helps everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly stop lying to people i read the terms of condition and the end result is the samething.  also all those fake articles adobe paid for aren't  fooling anyone.  rather adobe changes or people start looking at other routes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A short video posted yesterday from Adobe's Terry Lee White:

https://youtu.be/FB-UVLncSTM?si=yzv65AzZVvzZmEHm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michael38095599lt9z 

While I fully understand that people are concerned about these matters - I'm concerned - it's also clear that the message has been received at Adobe, loud and clear.

The bottom line is that to operate these services at all, the user has to grant certain permissions, outlined in the video in Stephen's post above. That's not going away. So the alternative is to shut down these services.

It's a good thing that the public is waking up and actually reading the terms, we've just been passively accepting for too long. That's fine. But terms of service is something we cannot avoid in this internet world. Just have a realistic notion of what they actually imply, and that video is a good place to start. FUD helps no one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too operate the service you to grant adobe rights too your IP? Where they can do what ever they want including selling your belongings, they can remotely access you work stored locally even when you've opt out of the services that does that and then they can do what ever they want. I used their beta service recently so right now my work belongs to adobe. I paid adobe to use their service they should pay me for taking my IP. Stop lying they don't need to take anyone's IP to improve anything and if they need people's work..... pay them for a limited us. Adobe do better. And stop this nonsense subscription service people are tired. Also if one more so called expert sends a link to a fake article I'm reporting you all for being bots. It's like you work for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm harshly critical of Adobe, I think they are a greedy, trash company with user-hostile policies that benefit nobody including themselves. But misinformation and outright lies are not helpful either. There is more than enough to criticize without making things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really should with a lawyer who actually understands these legal terms before making these misinformed assumptions on your part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you're doing is reaffirming people's beliefs. They only way you can make right things is to scrape the whole thing, honestly i usually don't get upset with much and trusted adobe for a long time but this is completely wrong. Greed has ruined you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines