• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PHOTODELUXE 4.0 Home Edition Installation Media

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife misplaced the installation disk for her Adobe PHOTODELUXE 4.0 Home Edition that she got a million years ago.  I asked her to use GIMP instead, but she insists on wanting to use this ancient software. Does anyone know a safe place to download the installation media for this arkane software?

She still has her serial number written down..so all I need is the installation files. I was hoping ADOBE would have an archive since this was their software...so far I have had no luck finding it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried contacting Adobe.  Users here are Photoshop users and don't work for Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did contact Adobe Support, they referred me to the forums...I explained that I'm looking for installation media but apparently they outsource their support to India, so they were less than helpful 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photodeluxe goes back to the 1990s and Adobe has long pulled down older versions of their software. Add to that if you are running windows 7 or later, it might not even work.

I'd suggest Photoshop Elements 2020 https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/whats-new.html

There's a point where old-anything can't be replaced and support has their hands full with Creative Cloud customers.

So either Elements or going through every box in the house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a software engineer, so trust me I'm all about my wife moving to something modern.  I keep harassing her that it is from back in 1982 😛

Unfortunately, she perfers that particular version 😞

Oh well..I guess she'll make do some other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you shown her Photoshop Elements? It has a lot of the same feel and options from PhotoDeluxe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I had a copy the the installation media it would not be legal for me to give you a copy.  The software is  Adobe's property. Adobe did not outsource support.  Adobe stopped marketing and supporting that product. It is no longer available from Adobe. Product End of life its dead and in its grave. If your media is dead and you do not have a backup copy. You wife can take it out on you if it was your job to backup her software.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful.  Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0 

Seems to be sold out  3.0 seems available

Adobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0 $15 

Web Search work....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That second one looks suspect JJ. "Selling a new, never set up duplicate of Adobe Photo Deluxe..."

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would not surprise me. New what does NEW mean an Old Adobe Package never opened or new ripped copy. To be far the add does state state duplicate does not state a legal copy.

"Selling a new, never set up duplicate of Adobe Photo Deluxe 4.0 on CD at a fair rate."

Is $15 a fair rate for a illegal copy?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am like your wife, I STILL use Adobe Photodeluxe 4.0.

Its easy to use and I don't need all the bells & whistles of newer softwear.

Anyway, you can buy a 4.0 disk on Ebay right now for $11.00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be cautious about downloading software via eBay vendors, it may include malware!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines