• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop brush tip appears round

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a some brushes that should have a tapered or pointed tip to them but instead they are all round. When I try to draw, it draws as a rounded brush. I can't find a solution, so i hope you can help.

{Title edited by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

2)

Here's what the brush tip looks like in the brush pack in the first photo. In the second photo, it's the same brush, but in my photoshop the brush tip is rounded.

By @Zehra Zeynep5C80

Are you drawing with a pressure-sensitive stylus?

1. If you go to the brush panel, and drag the sliders with your mouse, you will see a round-edged brush. Click on the "Shape Dynamics" tab, and next to "Control" if you're set to "Pen Pressure," you'll see a warning that "Control by pen pressure requires the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Which version of Photoshop are you using? Press the 'Caps Lock' key while using one of the brushes. It toggles between a circle and a crosshair view.

Suppose it's always wrong when opening Photoshop; change the default behavior in Edit --> Preferences --> Cursors. There you can select 'Normal Brush Tip.'

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am using Adobe Photoshop CC 2021. Nothing different happened when i pressed the "Caps Lock" key. And the "Normal Brush Tip" is already selected but i still have the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to see what the brush tip looks like and what the Brush Settings panel looks like for that brush.

It is possible that the brush settings need to be adjusted, particularly the Spacing setting may need to be increased.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZehraZeynep5C80_1-1662031356225.png

1)

ZehraZeynep5C80_0-1662031051044.png

2)

Here's what the brush tip looks like in the brush pack in the first photo. In the second photo, it's the same brush, but in my photoshop the brush tip is rounded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2)

By @Zehra Zeynep5C80

Are you drawing with a pressure-sensitive stylus?

1. If you go to the brush panel, and drag the sliders with your mouse, you will see a round-edged brush. Click on the "Shape Dynamics" tab, and next to "Control" if you're set to "Pen Pressure," you'll see a warning that "Control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet" and the brush shape has round ends. See the first screen shot below.
  2. Move one of the sliders with your pressure sensitive pen, and the warning disappears, and the brush shape is shown with tapered ends. See  the second screen shot below.

1. Adjusting with a mouse1. Adjusting with a mouse2. Adjusting with a pressure sensitive pen2. Adjusting with a pressure sensitive pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said and the problem was solved.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I tried doing what you said but for some reason nothing is happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version of photoshop are you using?

Do you have drawing tablet like a Wacom or similar?

The taper on the Brush Strokes denotes what a brush looks like when used with pen presuure like you would be able to do with a drawing tablet and having Pen Pressure enabled under shape Dynamics>Size Jitter.

pp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Adobe Photoshop CC 2021. And yes i have a drawing Tablet, Xp-pen drawing tablet. But even when I set the settings to "Pen pressure", all my brushes still looks rounded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Microsoft Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines