Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS6 color picker panel

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When you choose a color in PS CS6, you go to the color panel on the right and click a little color block to open up the Color Picker Panel/Window.

Is it possible to add the Hud Color picker window to the toolbar on the right. Instead of having to click the color to open it up and then change it, I want the Hud Color picker constantly open in my window/workspace area on the right (toolbar)... Kind of like how you can see the swatches toolbar remain open....

I also know about the shortcut keys, but this is still a pain to use. Is this ONLY a CC feature? Or is there a setting in Photoshop CS6 that I'm not utilizing?

Thank you kindly,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have wiz tried The Color Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wiz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Color should offer you the possibility to pick a color without raising the Color Picker dialog.

I suppose the Panel has been improved since CS6, though.

Edit: »wiz« was a typo …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have.... :

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 11.38.47 AM.png

This is what I would like... :

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 11.37.37 AM.png

Can Anyone help me on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Anyone help me on this?

You can upgrade to CC.

You should be able to pick colors in the rainbow/black/white field in the Colors Panel as it is in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade an entire package for a simple feature? -_-

Clearly the answer to my question is a no. Just say no. If i wanted to waste money, I would done that by now. I'm a student, I simply cannot afford to upgrade left, right and centre, HENCE why I'm trying to get an answer on this question on FORUMS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade an entire package for a simple feature?

A simple feature that has been introduced since the Photoshop version you use became obsolete.

If you want the Photoshop CC Color Panel, sticking with Photoshop CS6 seems like a recipe for frustration.

Anyways, there are student discounts and the Photography plan (Photoshop and Lightroom) is about $ 10,– a month, if I remember correctly.

Photoshop CS6 still allowed for Flash Panels, maybe someone created a color picker panel – have you done a web search yet?

Mind you I have not tested the panels offered on these pages: 

Coolorus - the best color wheel for Photoshop

Behance

Download Photoshop Color Wheel / Photoshop CC CS6 CS5 CS3 CS4 Panels plugins by Anastasiy / MagicPic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to make something clear: I consider Adobe’s decision to switch to an exclusive Cloud license model regrettable.

But that’s the was it is now and I guess one can either go along or look for alternatives to Adobe software …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hue-cuve.png

I do not understand? What is so difficult to switch to another mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried in Photoshop CS6?

photoshopCS6ColorPanel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the option of Hue Cube.

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 8.22.49 PM.png

Is the option in here? ^^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose faustj80411344  missed that the thread is about Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to window Colour then go to the three bars that are in the color panel and click hue Cube

Hopefully this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the icon with all the lines on the top right of the box (underneath the double arrow thing). Click Hue Cube (should be the top one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there's MagicPicker - http://www.anastasiy.com/magicpicker that works on CS6:

MagicPicker5-ModesHD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find an answer to this? I'm looking for the same thing in CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines