• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop PDFs won't print accurately

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

322667409_863934424835754_6197387248799050847_n.jpg325309191_1345914449555118_1740176674507770090_n.jpg

Hi everyone,
Can someone please tell me why my Adobe Photoshop design (the first image), when saved to a PDF and printed out, looks like this (second image)? How do I stop the fonts and colours from morphing?
Many thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That probably has more to do with your print settings in Acrobat/Reader like printing in some eco mode or the black ink simply running out. Anyway, without any specific info we can't really tell you much.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do other types of full color files print OK, like photos from a photo application, or a web page? Or are all applications having the same print problem?

And is it an inkjet or laser printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a basic HP printer and it's never done this before. I've printed lots of PDFs designed in Adobe Photoshop but recently got the latest version and now it doesn't work anymore! I was wondering if it had something to do with somehow 'freezing' certain fonts/layers in Adobe before converting to PDF....?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the files you uploaded, and I could not make them fail. The files themselves look fine on screen. Both the PDF and PSD files printed as expected from my Mac on both my color laser and inkjet printers. That strongly indicates that there is nothing wrong with the files, and the problem is somewhere else.

DSC7197.jpg

Again, if your HP printer is an inkjet, have you done a nozzle check on it to make sure all inks are OK? And as a test to help isolate where the problem is, is it printing good color from other applications like a web browser, Apple Photos, or others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me that the black isn't printing. 

Does the file display correctly in Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Acrobat or Acrobat Pro)?

If you can share the PDF file, we can take a look into that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have Acrobat... I've only ever used Adobe Photoshop for things like this. Never had a problem before I recently installed a newer version and now this! Here's the .psd and the .pdf....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines