Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop "could not Save file not Found" Error

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I was happily working in Photoshop, then tried to re-save a file I was working with when I got this message "Could not save because .... File not Found".  The program will not let me save as either regardless of if I save to a different file directory or if I save as a completely different file name. I tried - loosing all my work and shutting down, then restarting but the same problem exists. 

I have Photoshop cc 2014 and 2017. It happens in both versions. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Most of the explanations I found documenting this type of problem were in Adobe Acrobat with PDF files, but I am experiencing this problem with Adobe Photoshop PSD files.  I have already tried un-checking Save in Background under Edit / File Preferences but this still generated the same error message. 

Can someone help?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

You are running out of temporary disk space. Check your harddrive and configure the PS disk swap files suitably.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running out of temporary disk space. Check your harddrive and configure the PS disk swap files suitably.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 500GB with 6Gb Ram Mac with Sierra Os, working perfectly. But then I installed 2020 PS and when I save a file, close PS to reopen the file it gives me this error message that "cannot open the selected item because the file could not be found". 

It shows me it saved in this "private/car/folders/_p......./T/photoshop but I can't find this directory anywhere on my pc when I begin to search for it and none of the works I previously saved as well from PS. 
Every new design I make keeps disappearing. 

it's annoying as hell. I hope I can find a fix to this because it's stalling my work. A positive response would be most appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem, & your solution does not work. Edit> preferences> scratch disks shows my c drive, with a check mark (active) & shows 140 GB of free space. My files are nowhere close to that size.

In file handling, I tried unchecking "save as to original folder" & that did not work.

I can save the file to cloud docs, but I cannot save a backup copy to my computer, for placing on a backup drive. I do not want to have all loss of control of backing up my files, but I cannot save locally due to this error 'file not found' even though I am creating a file, (even tried with a fresh new file) not using an existing file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines