• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop "The Command Delete is not currently available"

Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using PhotoShop 2022. I have created an art work with several layers. When I got to File > Export > Layers to Files. I select the option to have them saved in the PNG 24 format and select the folder where I would like to have them placed. After it runs through all the layers I keep receiving an error that states "The Command Delete is not currently available". Once I press okay another small pop up box states "Error : User cancelled the operation". Meanwhile, I have done no such thing to interrupt the process via key strokes or mouse activity. I have tried to troubleshoot by closing Photoshop and restarting it and attempting the same process and keep getting the same error. I have also restarted the computer multiple times as well. I also tried the same process using the JPEG file as an option instead of the png24 and that export worked successfully (I need the files in png24 format).Photoshop Error 1.jpgPhotoshop Error 2.jpg I would greatly appreciate any help to get this error resolved as the project I am working on is time sensitive. I have included attachments of the error messages as well if that helps. Thank you kindly. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User 

Can you show your Layers panel? You may not have a layer selected.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the explicits used in the layers. However I have attached the picture here. I have tried it with having all the layers selected and without as well. Still no luck. Even went into the C: Drive to delete the preferences folder and still no luck upon restart.Photoshop Layers.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having similar problem, have you been able to find the solution. Also into NFT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it could be due to the layers containing folders as indicated by other posts i've read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, I can't seem to find a solution. You dont need to select the layers as the command is to export visible layers and it has aleways worked in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried, however, I am unable to reproduce this error. Can you post cropped screenshots of your layers structure in the layers panel and the options selected in the script interface? Or post a sample PSD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. I found 2 layers that were linked together and I unlinked those. I also got rid of any subfolders, but I'm not sure that had anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I found a solution that works well in my environment.

I'm leaving it in this forum for others who have the same problem.

My environment
* PC: MacBook Pro 16, 2021, M1 Max, Ventura 13.2.1
* Photoshop: 23.2.1

Following layer structure fails export with the message "The Command Delete is not currently available".

FolderA
└ LayerA
LayerB

To avoid this error, place the layer at the top of the layer structure.

LayerB ← Create new layer or bring from somewhere
FolderA
└ LayerA

Honestly, I have no idea why this works.

I hope this information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue now, in the year 2024, and found a solution for my own after checking here so just letting others know. Taking layers out of subfolders wasn't enough for me so I unlocked all the layers and only then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your file shouldn't have any subfolders/grouped elements. Ungroup it - so it's only single layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines