• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe slow and laggy on M1 Mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe photoshop is buggy and slow on my M1 Macbook Air. In fact, all of the adobe apps are slow and laggy, but specially Photoshop, Premiere and InDesign. I am using the most up to date versions of the programs. 

MacOS Monterey 12.3

M1, 2020

16GB

1Terabyte

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ends in march.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little late with this, but I'm experiencing slow, lagging Adobe software on my M1 Macbook Pro as well. For me the problem only started when I purchased a new high resolution monitor (4K). The lagging also appears in the mac system UI animations as well (launchpad, mission control). The issues goes away with a restart, but returns over time while using demanding apps such as Adobe CC and Chrome. I'm starting to think it's a RAM issue. I too have 16GB of ram and I've been reading that 16GB might not be enough. 

(all my system and adobe software is up to date)

It's surprising and disappointing that this "powerful" M1 mac pro can't handle the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is an issue of not enough ram, I have 96GB and an M2, and the same problem. Often files will not preview in column view or when you press the space bar. It is very annoying, never happened with my older machines on older iOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wow. Does the lag only occur during/after using Adobe applications? Also, are you using a 4K monitor? Have you contacted Apple support? I wonder what their response would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to the apple shop to talk with the geniuses. They are aware of the issue, but no solution. I also have lots of external hard drives which will not show up. Some connect if you plug in direct to the mac via USB-C, but not via a dongle. My ethernet/dongles do not work at all anymore, there is one specific ethernet dongle from Belkin which works, nothing else. 
Was at a conference, and could not plug into the big screen. In my office I do use a 4K monitor, and it works. 

Everty thing worked on my old Mac (pre M1), and now on a M2 not anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines