• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stock PS file background image Adobe Stock #215276687

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy semi-newbie question - The metallic font template has a black background. It's not sized for what I want to do with it. I found the background and can hide it, but not sure how to have it grow. It's showing transparent. I'm trying to clean the file up for use other than the preformatted.

background.jpg

background2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Hi @reginar56494638 simply click the background layer, switch to the Move tool and make sure you have Show Transform Controls checked in the options at top.

You can then stretch your background to fit the area. No need for duplicate layers, etc.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1677691371622.png

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1677691385521.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you want the black to fill the space that is now transparent? If so, click the black square at the bottom ("Set Foreground Color"), then click the background on your layer. Click OK. Then just fill the transparent part with the Paint Bucket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the part that is black is somewhere I can't find with a gradient that has a stark contrast on top of ay type of black I used. I poked through all the layers and hid everything until I found that one layer controlled if there is a background but there could be an overlay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK then select the backgound layer and go:

-Layer>Duplicate layer

Then move the dupe all the way over to the right and merge them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @reginar56494638 simply click the background layer, switch to the Move tool and make sure you have Show Transform Controls checked in the options at top.

You can then stretch your background to fit the area. No need for duplicate layers, etc.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1677691371622.png

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1677691385521.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Show transform is good to know. What is that green line? Just curious.  And, how do I set the size of the canvas/image as default for something like that? Just general rule of thumb?  Right now, I'm printing to Adobe and scaling until I figure it out. I can start new thread. Happy.

reginar56494638_0-1677697262021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @reginar56494638 its just a guide placed there by the author.

You can create your own preset when you are in the New File dialog box, but then you'd have to drag and drop elements into that which can be messy.

Otherwise you could create an Action to resize images, however sizes will vary coming from Adobe Stock- they aren't managed in that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines