• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Using 3D, My Canvas/Image Area Has Disappeared But The Image Still Shows In Layers Panel

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried opening 3D > New 3D Extrusion From Selected Layer, because I thought I'd try and tilt an image I was working on. I couldn't get it work and my image disappeared (although the layers still show in the layers panel). I thought closing the document without saving the changes would reset it, but it hasn't and although I've done Window > Wordspace > Essentials, to turn 3D off, the image hasn't returned? The image is still showing in the layers panel though.

The question thus being - how do I bring my image back into view on the main canvas area so I can continue restoring/repairing it?

Any help would be hugely appreciated

ScreenshotScreenshot 2022-03-20 at 00.07.57.png 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Thanks. I just went into it again having quit the programme and the problem has gone. Perhaps I just needed to 'Quit' the application.

Thanks for coming back to me though, it is really appreciated.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As of Photoshop 22.5, released in August 2021, Photoshop’s 3D features will be discontinued"
Photoshop 3D features are being removed
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-3d-features-are-being-remov...

I notice from your screen capture that you are using Photoshop 2022. The Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of Photoshop to be installed simultaneously. Do you have an early version of Photoshop 2021 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I just went into it again having quit the programme and the problem has gone. Perhaps I just needed to 'Quit' the application.

Thanks for coming back to me though, it is really appreciated.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes. The good old close and reopen solution 🙂

Great to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I'm encountering a similar issue, although closing and reopening the program did not resolve my issue. When I reopen the file, I still have no canvas.... just empty gray window, though my layers still exist. Can anyone offer additional solutions?

I'll describe what exactly I did... I selected a type layer intending to adjust a text warp, but accidentally clicked the 3D button on the options bar. At this point, the canvas disappeared. I immediately saved the file, closed Photoshop, and reopened it expecting to see my canvas. But still an empty window with all of my layers still listed as normal. I tried deleting the 3D layer, but no change.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is in the process of removing the 3D functionality from Photoshop. What version of Photoshop are you using? The Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of Photoshop to be simultaneously installed. Can you correctly open the file with an earlier version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 23.3.2. I didn't have a chance to try an earlier version. Incidentally, when I opened the file an hour later, it opened fine it seems... canvas visible and everything. Maybe I should've I have initially rebooted my laptop, since by then, I had already spent that last hour recreating the glitchy (?) file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes. The good old situation where everything returns to normal just after you've posted on the forum 😉 Good to hear it's all working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines