Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Font Recognizer?

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to have an AI filter that looks at text in an image (as in a picture I took with a camera of a building with a sign on it) - and tells you or suggests what font it is. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!!

FontLess in Philly

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Have you ever tried to select part with text on image then to try Type > Match Font?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever tried to select part with text on image then to try Type > Match Font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I wasn't aware of that feature. I tried it, it seemed to work uh, so-so. I wish it compared and searched fonts out on the Internet. I get it, it searches the Adobe font catalog which it has access to. But there's a bunch of good fonts out there that aren't in the Adobe catalog. But I do understand they couldn't easily try to search the entire internet for fonts.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder how fussy font match will be with perspective Bojan?    Pushing things to make a point, it would surly have a problem with something like this.

image.png

We can at leaast make the text perpendicular to the canvas with Perspective Crop, but we'd have to guess about how much foreshortening the angle created

image.png

Illustrator Pro has a very cool tool that we saw demonstrated in the Sneak Peeks at MAX this year.  It is called Retype, and it not only matches the font, it also turns it into Live text that you can edit.  I suppose this is really OCR with some extra bells and whistles, but it sure impressed me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great curve ball Bojan, but I think this is a Great AI feature idea. Much faster and can be cooked right when I am in photoshop. I would bet this suggestion is already being worked in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines